What type of male voice do you like the most in UTAU?

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There is just so many different male utauloids & voice types, so I was wondering what kind of voice the audience like or prefer?

• do you prefer the soft/shy sounding ones
  • younger, middle age, or older sounding banks
  • the bold or the light toned
ect.

Reactions: Olivia091220034

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i prefer youner more energetic types (not like shonen but like not old man male voices ya hear me?) i think they sound much better
for example
marianiarianianie shuu
kiei
matsudappoiyo (R.I.P)
so ya...

Last edited:

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I like them all, except for the shonen ones. Tjey are just not my fave. I have 2 or 3 shonen UTAU.
My fave are the male shout ones. Not like Ruko's, more like Shinji's.
I also like the all of Isada Yukke UTAUloids. His voice is unique, and he can sound like a female when he want. (and my voice sound exactly like his when on low notes owo)

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
I prefer young boy or shonen characters because I personally believe they deserve more love and respect. Plus, people always talk trash about them and the thought of it makes me sad and mad. I have nothing against older teenage or men characters, but they just don't appeal to me. I apologize.

Voice-wise, I don't mind any as long as it's age-appropriate.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Mature vocals (the kind they'd sound like being at least 15(-16)

About power, I love normal the best, I love power too, but soft/whspery is also cool ad relaxing to hear (especially if it's Etienne Daho-esque)

Afetr it did happened to me a few times to like a voice that was more on the shouta/shounen side

Reactions: HIRATELIER

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I don't really care much about the tone but rather more of the voice itself. I'll download all the appends either way

I like tenors and baritone-tenors a lot. Voicebanks that I own that are these are Ruko male, Yuutsukoe Karasu, Myth-poid, and Electrolysis (actually, I'm not sure about the last one since he has such a huge vocal range).

I don't really like shotas much, with the exception of Scott :3 (does Karasu count. though?)

Rook is my only baritone. I have no bass 8'D

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
It all depends on the "age" of said male character.
If it's a younger boy, then I like bold and dynamic voices, powerful.
For an older male, I prefer tender and strong, but not powerful.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If we're talking more generally about male voices, I like Kiyoteru.

But anyway, the kind of voice I'd love to see in an english male vocalsynth is one where it sounds clear, or powerful, in a regular high female range, while still sounding completely masculine.
Some examples of what I mean:

I can totally sing along to this! And that's the thing- when I write songs, I come up with the melody by singing to myself. But if I'm writing for a male voice, I ALWAYS have to completely change the key of the song. In fact, I'm going to be releasing a version of "insufficient" in the original key, because the currently released version with Kiyoteru just doesn't feel genuine to me. That, or change up the melody away from my original idea, or have to keep thinking about the range...
I want to write songs without changing what they're supposed to be, and I want them to be comfortably and naturally sung by male voices.

Reactions: Nohkara

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have no particular favorite voicetype cause I've heard and enjoyed a little bit of every range through K-pop and J-Rock. That said, I am more partial to voices that are lighter in weight or are versatile (MJ, Prince, Piko, Yohio, G-Dragon). I also like voices that are smooth (Daesung) or has some natural rasp/grit to it without it coming from years of smoking/drugs (Xiah, Miyavi). My biggest preference - regardless of being sopranino/counter-tenor, tenor, baritone, bass - is that the samples don't sound like the voicer's been eating a pillow or swallowing glass. I also like samples that are properly configured.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I generally like male voices that are young and can hit high (not need to scream but ya know) because those sounds more understandable and more clear in general. Also like male voices that has an androgynous vibe on it (for example Fukase).

Male VB voiced by females are often guite nice too as long as the voice sounds androgynous and/or is voice acted well like for example Akiharu Kiichigo. Unlike some people, I'm not super picky if voicer is male or female because that doesn't really matter at the end and there's always cis guys that sounds very feminine and vice versa. As long as the voice fits the character image, I'm cool with it.

With basso, I'm picky because many basso UTAU what I have heard aren't very HQ to be honest (is it because bass are more difficult to record/mix or what is it). I don't hate bassist but I hope to see more higher quality ones. First good bass that comes up my mind is Giga Lacan.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I like Teen male voices, those have often a good range and can hit low and high notes pretty well. I'm not a big fan of those reeeeaaaally deep sounding males...tbh they sound ridiculous to me.

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
*scratches head* I think i like teen(16-19) aged voice that's light and bright.
If i put it into a personality, it's like a happy-go-lucky teenager who like to sings on all his way to school w/o noticing that he's actually late.

Reactions: Nohkara