What are some annoying things people who don't do art ask you/say to you?

Here are mine:

1. "Is that anime?"
2. "Can you draw me??"
3. "Why does she look like that?"
4. "Why would anyone wear that?"
5. "How long have you been drawing" (Not really annoying, I just don't know so I never know how to answer)
6. "Can you draw something for me???"
7. "Is that supposed to be you??????????"
8. "whaT IS THAT"
9. "ARE YOU DRAWING"

I have more that I can't think of atm

pls tell me yours and we can scream in silence together

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
*stumbles upon the list and prepares to recall some cringey questions*

10) It's a boy/girl, right? *frowns because it's not*
9) Can I color it? *hisses* "Miiiiiinez!"
8) I would have drawn it differently. "Well, no durr."
7) I don't like how this artist (one of my idols) draws. *hisses again* "Speak no evil!"
6) You draw? Could you show me? Show me. Show me! SHOW ME. >_>;
5) Your style is...Different. *knows they mean weird*
4) That's not manga/anime! *knows they probably have only seen one style*
3) Shouldn't it look like this or that? *is told this after I ink it* =w=
2) What is that again? Mang-ah? Mangoes? "Mawn-gah!" >3<

#1 I can't draw

Can you pick up a pencil and press it against paper in a way that makes a shape that even vaguely represents something else? Then you can draw.

Last edited:

Miawerz

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
(Not really that irritating buuut) *draws something actually insignificant* "OMG YOU CAN DRAW? WOW UR LIKE SO AWESOME! TEACH ME HOW TO DRAW LIKE THAT!!1!1

-and when doing group projects-
"Hey, you're the one who can draw right? Could you do this[s=] somehow art related thing but not really[/s] .... or better yet, do the WHOLE project"

h4nz is the best

♥‿♥
I relate to all of these but if someone wanted me to draw the whole group project I'd say yes in a heartbeat lmao

I usually like to take over with stuff like that (sorry not sorry)

Reactions: Piia

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Not for drawn art in particular, but I used to be commissioned for someone making a magazine and my most annoying IRL experience is for the customer to be over my shoulder trying to tell me how to do my job. Like, please... stay in your lane. I've been working with this program since high school without any guidance where as you, Sir won't even attempt to open it up and use it yourself even though a month's subscription to our computer station would be cheaper than going through me (and then El Cheapo couldn't even pay me all of the $75 which is chump change for actual professionals with degrees). Google and free tutorials are abundant.

Art in general (and to keep on topic): If someone who wants a piece of art done wants to armchair teach and give advice... all I can think is "Since you're the expert... do it yourself."

Miawerz

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I relate to all of these but if someone wanted me to draw the whole group project I'd say yes in a heartbeat lmao

I usually like to take over with stuff like that (sorry not sorry)
I mean yeah sure buuut they'd also get grades whilst not exerting effort so like nah

Ronnie <UniverseJuice>

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I used my art website to show some art that I used as "artifacts" for a story I wrote, and then the whole class begged me to show the rest of my art on my website when I finished my presentation. I was already suffering anxiety from presenting in general, so showing my art was .^.

Reactions: keopi

h4nz is the best

♥‿♥
I mean yeah sure buuut they'd also get grades whilst not exerting effort so like nah
ahh, true
[doublepost=1468456103][/doublepost]
I used my art website to show some art that I used as "artifacts" for a story I wrote, and then the whole class begged me to show the rest of my art on my website when I finished my presentation. I was already suffering anxiety from presenting in general, so showing my art was .^.
I would have closed the tab as fast as I could :,-))) no thank you
[doublepost=1468456190][/doublepost]
Not for drawn art in particular, but I used to be commissioned for someone making a magazine and my most annoying IRL experience is for the customer to be over my shoulder trying to tell me how to do my job. Like, please... stay in your lane. I've been working with this program since high school without any guidance where as you, Sir won't even attempt to open it up and use it yourself even though a month's subscription to our computer station would be cheaper than going through me (and then El Cheapo couldn't even pay me all of the $75 which is chump change for actual professionals with degrees). Google and free tutorials are abundant.

Art in general (and to keep on topic): If someone who wants a piece of art done wants to armchair teach and give advice... all I can think is "Since you're the expert... do it yourself."
Ugh people are annoying. :-///

Reactions: keopi and Miawerz

Cine

Certified paint water drinker.
Defender of Defoko
This has happened quite a bit:

Some tumblr user: Hey your art is really awesome! Do you do requests?
Me: No, I do commissions or trades, would you want me to send you some numbers/samples and see where we go from there?
Them: Read 8:52 pm

I never hear from them again usually.

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
When I used to be a Sonicfag, I would always draw a bunch of Sonic the Hedgehog characters and people would always walk up to be and say "Hey is that Sonic????" when usually it wasn't.
*stumbles upon the list and prepares to recall some cringey questions*

10) It's a boy/girl, right? *frowns because it's not*
9) Can I color it? *hisses* "Miiiiiinez!"
8) I would have drawn it differently. "Well, no durr."
7) I don't like how this artist (one of my idols) draws. *hisses again* "Speak no evil!"
6) You draw? Could you show me? Show me. Show me! SHOW ME. >_>;
5) Your style is...Different. *knows they mean weird*
4) That's not manga/anime! *knows they probably have only seen one style*
3) Shouldn't it look like this or that? *is told this after I ink it* =w=
2) What is that again? Mang-ah? Mangoes? "Mawn-gah!" >3<

#1 I can't draw

Can you pick up a pencil and press it against paper in a way that makes a shape that even vaguely represents something else? Then you can draw.
Can you not colour your text blue? It's extremely hard to read your posts against the background colour of the Teto Dark theme.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
When I used to be a Sonicfag, I would always draw a bunch of Sonic the Hedgehog characters and people would always walk up to be and say "Hey is that Sonic????" when usually it wasn't.

Can you not colour your text blue? It's extremely hard to read your posts against the background colour of the Teto Dark theme.

Why don't you just highlight it

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I did, but it's still extremely annoying having to highlight posts to be able to read them, especially when you're using a trackpad instead of an actual mouse.
well people use different themes tho ; u; (& blue is soh's "thing" ahah)

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I did, but it's still extremely annoying having to highlight posts to be able to read them, especially when you're using a trackpad instead of an actual mouse.

Well if you use two hands it's not that hard but whatever suits you man.

Just thought it might be easier than making someone change the text color they use specifically for you y'know//

Last edited:
Reactions: keopi