Weird/Odd Experiences/Stories You Have

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys! I'm bored and lately I've found myself delving more and more into the mysterious and creepy. It can get people thinking sometimes.

Here's one of my stories.

One of the weirdest and creepiest experiences I've had (though not quite scary) comes from the third grade. My elementary school was the same as my middle school, a Catholic private school. It actually wasn't fancy at all, everything remaining small in size and cozy, with some of the first ever upgrades to the school happening two years later. As a result, you could probably guess our library was small and didnt have a wide collection.

Sometimes the library would be open during recess. Usually it wasn't. You could peek in anyway, though, through the mail slot. I, personally, was part of this group of five or six kids who became obsessed with the paranormal and supernatural. Desperate for some "action," we sought for odd happenings between all the people and places within the school. One day, we 'investigated' the library.

On one of the visible, tall bookshelves in the back is a doll. It was small and petite and posable. It was an angel. Curious and finding it creepy, we peered through the mail slot. It's eyes were open, and it was in the "perfect praying" position. We closed the mail slot and noted that the angel doll was creepy. We looked back in, and the position of the doll changed. One of its arms were raised up significantly, and it's eyes had closed. One of my friends screamed, and we didn't try to 'investigate' the library any longer.

We never saw anything like that happen again.

What are some of your guys' weird/odd/creepy/scary stories or experiences?

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
We looked back in, and the position of the doll changed.
Spoopy~! :<

I'll just mention one for now ^-^:

It was fourth grade, and my friends and I had this weird conspiracy that our school had a hidden secret (mainly that it was a former hospital because the design was so much like one in our belief).
While four of my friends and I were "scouting" looking for "clues" that the school was once what we believed it was, (during breaktimes of course), there was a mysterious room that was never open. I mean, we saw it from time to time but it never really concerned us... Until we saw part of a rope sticking out the door. My friend tried yanking it out, but she said it felt like something was pulling it back in. So all five of us started trying to pull it out. Around 30 seconds after, a worker (we call them bus conductors) saw us trying to pull out the rope. At first, we noticed an expression that seemed like fear, but it immediately changed to a cheeky smile(?). He opened the door, rushed inside, and before closing it, he said, "Don't tell anyone." I didn't notice much, but I saw something that looked like flowers on a hand-sized statue, and my friend and I saw a chicken hanging on a hanger? (The room was really dark and we didn't see much).

When it was time to go home, we saw the head teacher/supervisor shouting and yelling at the conductor that showed us the room; on that day, he was fired.

Was it coincidence or was it because of us?

P

partial

My grandma's house is haunted, or at least, we believe so.

I was there with her asleep in the living room (I was a kid then), and heard the sound of cement or something very heavy being dragged in the basement. It woke my grandma and we went to check it out but found nothing.

I lived with her for a few months early last year. I lived upstairs. Not really in an attic, but it was just a single room. Anyway, at night I couldn't sleep well because I kept hearing someone talking, but the TV wasn't on nor was anything but a fan. (Gotta sleep with a fan on.)

I was in her living room and heard furniture being arranged upstairs. Naturally, nothing was out of place when I went up there. We have this theory that maybe this ghost still sees the house as it was in her life time.....except, my grandma's dad built the room upstairs, so.....

My grandma's actual bedroom is in the basement. She normally sleeps in the living room. But she kept all her candy down there when I was a kid, and would let me go into her room to get some. I had a knitting needle thrown at me once, and on a seperate occasion had a hazy reflection in the mirror of a figure off to the side. Yeah, I hightailed it out of there.

The final thing I recall, and probably the most disturbing, was the sound of a blood curdling scream. And I mean, full fledged scream of anguish, coming from the basement. It sounded like it was in a tunnel, that was the kind of effect it gave off. My grandma opened the door and asked if they were ok, and got a yes, thank you, in response.

Crazy stuff.

Zoku

Defender of Defoko
Those are some really freaky experiences.

I like ghost stories, but I like the idea of something "hidden" in plain sight more. :P Nonetheless, @partial's story seems to be scary still because there's the implication that maybe it's not a ghost but maybe an actual person. @Piia had a story that would probably give me nightmares if I was there. :V

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
Oh, know plenty of paranormal stories.
My cousins and I were on my aunt's porch playing with the two year old cousin, and he kept shouting "boo" and pointing at places in the backyard, specifically at a flowering tree and a pine tree. We took a picture of the pine tree and a human-shaped light thing was clearly visible behind the pine tree. Nothing showed up when we took a picture of the flowering tree but when we went to it we got headaches.

There's a lot of unnerving happenings around where I live.

Reactions: Piia

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
The final thing I recall, and probably the most disturbing, was the sound of a blood curdling scream. And I mean, full fledged scream of anguish, coming from the basement. It sounded like it was in a tunnel, that was the kind of effect it gave off. My grandma opened the door and asked if they were ok, and got a yes, thank you, in response.

Crazy stuff.

I think your grandmother response is scaring me more than the actual scream lol.

This one is kind of long.

Anyway, there was this time I was awake, alone, around 2 in the morning watching television when I heard a scratching sound coming from the washroom door. So, the washroom has two gates on either wall to the outside which are locked at all times so I assumed that it was just a stray cat trying to get in again.

But then it got louder and then it I heard the door shaking as if someone was trying to break in. Me being the fool I was went to go and see what was making the sound. When I flipped on the light from the inside without opening the door, the shaking stopped and everything got silent. There was some giggling and some movement and then I heard some footsteps running along the side of the house along with this high pitch sound of scratching glass.

And suddenly, everything went silent. No night sounds, no sounds inside the house, even the television went silent. The dog was also eerily silent during the entire thing and only woke up afterwards.

When I told my parents about it in the morning, they said I probably imagined it considering they would have woke up to any sort of sound (they are light sleepers) and blamed it on my vivid imagination.

To my relief, and slight disappointment, it never happened again.

And this one.

Two years ago, I woke up with blood running down my arm. It wasn't much but it was enough for me to notice. And it was still warm.

The weird part was it wasn't mine. I had no cuts or openings that could have explained it came from me. No one else had any wounds either but yet there was blood which my parents couldn't just shrug off as my imagination.

I remember them saying that I probably squashed a mosquito. Yeah... That's one huge mosquito.

There are others but I'll type them later.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, my mom and uncle have experiences, and tbh I think it's really creepy...

My mom isnt one who believes in ghosts, but even if she denies their existence, she still cant explain this experience. What's even creepier about it is that many others had it too.
One day, my mom sat down to tell me a story:
We live in a small place in the Philippines but own two floors, the second and third floor rooms. When my mom was still a college student, she stayed in the second floor room (that ill continue referring to as 'the second floor') and invited her two best friends at the time there with her to study. One day, they each went to their own corners to study quietly before testing each other out. While studying, she felt a faint whisper on her right ear, like a boy saying a woman's name. She got surprised, and even her friends felt exactly what she did. They then asked each other, "Did you hear that?" And slowly nodded to one another.
"I forgot what name that voice whispered, but I'm sure it started with the letter M" (she told me this story last year)

Around a few months after, my uncle paid us a visit. After lunch, my mother would conclude the meal with a story. She told the story she told me to him, and again said, "I forgot what name the voice whispered, but I'm sure it started with M." My uncle then asked her, "Was it Marian?" Looking a bit pale, my mother answered, "Y-yes, that was must've been it." My uncle then said, "Once, my friends went for a sleepover in the second floor. Then at around midnight, the girls started shouting, waking up all the boys. They started screaming saying, "Someone whispered MARIAN! Here, here (dito, dito)!" While touching their right ear." He explained further that it's happened to any woman who entered the second floor and stayed there for an hour at least. But now that the house was renovated, it was never heard of again.

Zoku

Defender of Defoko
@Piia I'd nope the hell out of there.

@VocAddict Please share more stories!!

Another story of mine:

Back in second or fourth grade, my entire class had a weird experience that I've only recently recalled.

It starts after a great majority of the students in my class had finished their test. A kid next to me started to complain quietly that their ear felt weird. As soon as the last person turned in their test, a couple of classmates in front of me suddenly covered their ears. As if the entire class erupted into loudness, they nearly shouted, "What's that sound?!"

Nobody knew what they were talking about.

Everybody was obviously confused. What sound? The teacher asked how they felt, but behind me, another kid did the same thing. He said something like "I hear it too! What is it!" covering his ears hard. He was obviously in pain. Then the most horrible sound filled my eardrums. It was like multiple glasses breaking, combined with high pitched screeching. That's the worst description, but it was horrible. Sounded like hell. I couldn't find where it came from, but it was like someone played it right beside both of my ears. Startled, I quickly covered my ears, just barely muffling the sound.

A couple more kids heard it as the first two kids in front of me had recovered, visibly shaken and scared. It seemed they did not hear it anymore. It spread throughout the classroom quickly, like a virus, and the whole thing lasted for about 4 minutes.

Most of my classmates just barely remember it. One of the people in front of me that went through it told me she heard someone whisper something really vague into her ears, somewhat sounding like someone else in the class. It seems she was the only one to hear someone else before hearing It. To this day, nobody is quite sure what it was.

The teacher, after the whole fiasco, seemed confused and dazed. She just asked if everyone was okay before moving onto a different lesson.

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ooh~ Imma share mine too....

I have 2 experiences though. One in 2nd grade and the other in 4th grade...I'll just tell the one in 2nd grade though cause our 4th grade one was probably fake....(I still wont believe that there was a "ghost/evil spirits" in our catholic school....)

Idk how to put a spoiler so I apologize >.<

When I was in 2nd grade, our driver usually picks us up late cause their work ends around 4PM while our school finished at 3. Me and a bunch of other elementary students were talking about haunted houses, scary stories, white ladies and bloody mary. My friend decided to see if it is real and goes to the girls toilet alone and does the ritual. A few minutes later she came out, looking pretty shocked and scared. We asked her what happened and she replied "No nothing, its fake, I know its fake." but we knew something was terribly wrong with her (since after that day she started to have mood swings..and she was grade 5 at that time so I dont think puberty can be blamed with that)

After a week, I, along with my 5 other friends decided to try it out and what happened really scared us. After doing the ritual, We saw some lady walking in our mirror. We felt something touch our feet and we saw the same woman standing at the edge of the girls toilet (the far end of the room)...We of course screamed and ran out. The next day, the janitor complained saying we vandalized/wrote vulgar things in the toilet and we "broke/cracked" the mirror. I guess the mirror part was true since we did scream and throw something at it so it might have been that. But the vandalizing thing didnt make sense since we didnt bring any writing materials. I mean, we were in a dark room and we couldnt see anything. besides, we were standing parallel to those walls so it couldn't be us. That place was also where we saw "that woman" so my friends and I believe it was her who wrote them. I'm not gonna tell what she wrote though cause like I said, its vulgar xD

Okay some parts of this story may have been exaggerated and some probably sounds lame but I'm not good in remembering stuff so I forgot some parts of it xD

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
@Zoku Children can hear higher frequencies than adults. Perhaps there was maybe a machine from another room causing it? The whisper part's really creepy though.

Most of the weird stuff I experienced can but mostly explained with my eyes playing tricks or something else but there's this really weird thing that happened to me when I was much younger. I don't remember if I was still in preschool or already in elementary but I'm sure it happened when I was still in my 1 digit ages (either 7, 8, or 9 years old).

I was running around with my busmates somewhere in the elementary classrooms. I don't remember exactly what game we were playing but it involved running and chasing. As I was turning to a corner, one of them flicked me next to my lips that it started bleeding. After our game, he insisted he didn't do it and since I was running quickly, I couldn't be 100% sure if it was him. I guess it was either some troll guy or troll ghost.

Zoku

Defender of Defoko
@UTAUlikeVOCALOID Another nope the hell out. :,D

@kimchi-tan My experience doesn't seem to be like what you described... We would've all been able to hear it all at once, right? At the same time? Different people heard it at different times.

Also your story sounds like a 'glitch in the matrix' scenario!

If you don't know what it is, a 'glitch in the matrix' refers to something that seems extraordinary, whether it'd be finding a quarter, setting it down on the table, then finding two when you look again, OR it could also be as big as everyone else freezing in time while you seem to be able to move around freely. They are super intriguing but extreme accounts of glitches seem to make me dissociate ; v ;

Zoku

Defender of Defoko
UPDATE: As soon as I finished my homework I made the reply above @Piia's reply. Mom checked on me to see if I finished, and she scared me so bad. My heart was pounding. Oops!

I love the vaguely creepy. :smile:

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I love listening to dark and creepy stuff/stories xD xD Although I'm a scaredy cat when it really happens in real life >.<

Reactions: Piia

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Gaaaahhh I remember when our halloween party was cancelled so to make me feel better (it was my first year there), my friends set up a mini horror booth at the back of our gymnasium...it went bad though cause apparently, while we were playing around there, someone or something touched my friends leg. She was screaming so hard and she was crying there was even a wound on her feet. its like a big scratch mark. Our class president got so mad at us and was like, its probably just a barb wire. But my friend disagreed because she was far away from the barbed wires. she also argued that the wound in her feet obviously looked a scratch mark make by a hand. I dont know what happened to her now (cause im in the UAE now) but my other classmates say she was forever traumatized by that event and will never go to horror booths anymore....

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Its the back of our gymnasium xD its like where the props are stored xD xD i dont know how to explain it properly but our make-up horror booth is behind the stage.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Its the back of our gymnasium
Your school sounds evil haha

Oh I remember once I was playing "Tag" with my friends. Then, I fell and scraped my knee so badly that blood was actually squirting out of it. It hurt so much that I can't walk. When we went to the hospital and had an x-ray scan, the doctor said that everything was fine, totally nothing wrong and I should be walking (seriously?)
My grandmother and I then went to a witch doctor(?) who did this candlestick in water thing said that a ground elf (duwende, idek how to translate it) was just playing around with me then proceeded to place a paper with spells written down on my knee. If you saw my knees, one is kinda deformed.

I'm so sorry that I have a lot of stories to tell ^^;

Last edited:
Reactions: RenzoA