Was it hard to find a name for your UTAU?

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I named my UTAU Asereth, my first choice was Daichi since that's my IGN on mmrpgs

Reactions: keopi

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My first UTAU was named Serena, after a terrible OC I put in a Zelda fanfiction, but I made two versions of her by google translating "brightness" and "darkness". Weeb.
My current UTAU is Mita Souzou, which was actually a self insert OC in roleplays. "souzou" was google translate for "create." Still weeb.
The Seibetsu series actually started when I asked my friend what to name the first of the series, her saying "i don't know", and me consulting google translate again. Cciowph wasn't originally part of the series, and their name was based on my conlang (in which "cciowph hiassiag" roughly translated to "fuk u")
Dominic used to be a genderbend of Mita named Mito Souzou. He then got his own voicebanks. And personality. And story. So I changed his name to Dominic Schöpfer. I went with dominic because he's filipino, and Schöpfer because german for "creator".
AWG was actually based on "aug" from August, the month I first recorded him. I backronym'd his name into Aber Wen Gieval, and nicknamed him "aubergine", leading to the eggplant character.
The LEXYS series is just some random word I made up. There was a backronym, but I can't remember it.

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My first UTAU was named Serena, after a terrible OC I put in a Zelda fanfiction, but I made two versions of her by google translating "brightness" and "darkness". Weeb.
My current UTAU is Mita Souzou, which was actually a self insert OC in roleplays. "souzou" was google translate for "create." Still weeb.
The Seibetsu series actually started when I asked my friend what to name the first of the series, her saying "i don't know", and me consulting google translate again. Cciowph wasn't originally part of the series, and their name was based on my conlang (in which "cciowph hiassiag" roughly translated to "fuk u")
Dominic used to be a genderbend of Mita named Mito Souzou. He then got his own voicebanks. And personality. And story. So I changed his name to Dominic Schöpfer. I went with dominic because he's filipino, and Schöpfer because german for "creator".
AWG was actually based on "aug" from August, the month I first recorded him. I backronym'd his name into Aber Wen Gieval, and nicknamed him "aubergine", leading to the eggplant character.
The LEXYS series is just some random word I made up. There was a backronym, but I can't remember it.
Hehe interesting! ^u^ So many strange names :sick: but I like them :3

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
WELL! Finding a first name for Amaicho was hard. I already knew I wanted her last name to be "Cotton candy sound" like the Cryptonloid format. (weeb 11/10) I translated cotton candy in google translate and got "Menkashi" then I added "ne". I was wondering what I wanted her name to mean or be related to and I typed "Sweet Butterfly" into google translate and out came Amaicho. While google translate isn't the best for sentences, it's good for short things. However when wanting to find the kanji of her name I searched up Menkashine and it didn't mean cotton candy sound AT ALL. Amaicho was, and still is, correct, but Menkashine was not. So I dropped the "ne"/"sound" and just had her last name be cotton candy, which is Watakashi. For Tobutori I wanted his name to match Amaicho's in a way. "Sweet Butterfly" has a descriptive word and something that flies so I came up with "Flying bird". I had it translated and out came Tobutori. (His last name was also Menkashine until I had it fixed I believe. Same for their older sister.) Their sister's name was an absolute nightmare to find out, same for their dad. I wanted their big sister's name to involve water since she was suppose to be based off of a lily pad/flower. (Yet still with a lemon/lime cotton candy theme.) After possibly hours I came up with "Gentle Rain" and it made Kosame and I liked it. For their dad I wanted him to have a name of a large animal or something that related to Amaicho and Tobutori's names in general. I came up with "Night wind" because the wind is what helps butterflies and birds fly, and if you apply this to people it's like the wind under their wings that helps them and takes care of them. For Chisana I just entered "tiny" since she's a baby, pretty simple and I came up with it while looking for Kosame and Yokaze's names. Jinzo Ame/CL-07 was different. He has a name and a number. His number is CL-07 since he's the 7th Cottonloid and his actual name, Jinzo Ame, means "Artificial candy" since he's an actual robot/android. It took me a bit to come up with that and he was originally made for a contest. (The thing was a male bank to go with your own male character.) I didn't win though, so he was just kind of just a concept until I posted a thread and Velvet offered. CL-08 was originally going to be a Weatherloid remake for the IMPOSTERV project, but after that fell through I just asked my friend, the one who voiced her, if I could make the bank CL's. I'm still working on her normal name, but since she's the 8th Cottonloid she's CL-08. (She's a robot/android like Jinzo.) Lemon Limune's name wasn't really hard. I made a bad recolor on purpose because I honestly love LQ stuff like that and the theme was lemon/lime (with some purple) so Lemon for her first name and "Limune" was her last name cause it was supposed to be a joke on how people add ne to last names to be more like Miku. After thinking I made her a new original design with some actual art. This time it was more "Lemon/Lime soft drinks" theme. So Strawberry lemonade, lemonade, limeade, and cherry limeade. My only other UTAU with a name is Mari, but I didn't make her name. I just got her yesterday. She was an adopt from Melobunii and I adopted her, finished my payment two nights ago, and like I said, got her yesterday. So yeah, that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Reactions: keiran h

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My first bank was sort of a joke "what sounds cool and derpanese?".
Then my second and third banks were named as insults of themselves.
My forth bank named itself circumstantially.

So it wasn't that hard for me I guess.

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I like stars...
Regulus is a star in the constellation Leo..
I like lowercase things.. so I lower cased it.
Thus, I remained with "regulus".
(His other, not really used name is "Hibiki Kyou" which means like.. echo today. I dunno.)

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
My name is Alice, and to be original, I changed it to AL!CE, and then since the main bank was recorded when I turned 16, I turned it to AL!CE.16
Because, I'm original~ So not hard

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
WELL! Finding a first name for Amaicho was hard. I already knew I wanted her last name to be "Cotton candy sound" like the Cryptonloid format. (weeb 11/10) I translated cotton candy in google translate and got "Menkashi" then I added "ne". I was wondering what I wanted her name to mean or be related to and I typed "Sweet Butterfly" into google translate and out came Amaicho. While google translate isn't the best for sentences, it's good for short things. However when wanting to find the kanji of her name I searched up Menkashine and it didn't mean cotton candy sound AT ALL. Amaicho was, and still is, correct, but Menkashine was not. So I dropped the "ne"/"sound" and just had her last name be cotton candy, which is Watakashi. For Tobutori I wanted his name to match Amaicho's in a way. "Sweet Butterfly" has a descriptive word and something that flies so I came up with "Flying bird". I had it translated and out came Tobutori. (His last name was also Menkashine until I had it fixed I believe. Same for their older sister.) Their sister's name was an absolute nightmare to find out, same for their dad. I wanted their big sister's name to involve water since she was suppose to be based off of a lily pad/flower. (Yet still with a lemon/lime cotton candy theme.) After possibly hours I came up with "Gentle Rain" and it made Kosame and I liked it. For their dad I wanted him to have a name of a large animal or something that related to Amaicho and Tobutori's names in general. I came up with "Night wind" because the wind is what helps butterflies and birds fly, and if you apply this to people it's like the wind under their wings that helps them and takes care of them. For Chisana I just entered "tiny" since she's a baby, pretty simple and I came up with it while looking for Kosame and Yokaze's names. Jinzo Ame/CL-07 was different. He has a name and a number. His number is CL-07 since he's the 7th Cottonloid and his actual name, Jinzo Ame, means "Artificial candy" since he's an actual robot/android. It took me a bit to come up with that and he was originally made for a contest. (The thing was a male bank to go with your own male character.) I didn't win though, so he was just kind of just a concept until I posted a thread and Velvet offered. CL-08 was originally going to be a Weatherloid remake for the IMPOSTERV project, but after that fell through I just asked my friend, the one who voiced her, if I could make the bank CL's. I'm still working on her normal name, but since she's the 8th Cottonloid she's CL-08. (She's a robot/android like Jinzo.) Lemon Limune's name wasn't really hard. I made a bad recolor on purpose because I honestly love LQ stuff like that and the theme was lemon/lime (with some purple) so Lemon for her first name and "Limune" was her last name cause it was supposed to be a joke on how people add ne to last names to be more like Miku. After thinking I made her a new original design with some actual art. This time it was more "Lemon/Lime soft drinks" theme. So Strawberry lemonade, lemonade, limeade, and cherry limeade. My only other UTAU with a name is Mari, but I didn't make her name. I just got her yesterday. She was an adopt from Melobunii and I adopted her, finished my payment two nights ago, and like I said, got her yesterday. So yeah, that's pretty much it.
Hahaha damn! But it was intresting! thanks for sharing!

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Nah, I just decided to pick names that normal people of their nationality would have, lel. I settled on Tarou and Taiga, which don't have any particular significance to their voices or character.

Their last name though, Iwata, is low key a tribute to Satoru Iwata.

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Well. Rin (the main baby) is stuck being weeb as all flippity flop. XD I loved the word "yami" (and still do, damn is that word fun to say XD) so I knew I wanted it in Rin's name when I was creating an UTAU. I chose Rin because a) I liked the sound of it and b) Kagamine Rin. She was the first vocaloid I really liked, soooo. OTL So, it was but wasn't hard. Hard because I had to make a final decision, but easy because naming is fun! XD

Ashei, who is my second baby, takes their name from one of my conlangs, Maralian. The character came before the name, and the character possessed the ability to travel around in dreams, so of course I gave them the Maralian word for Dream as their name.

Emmy Rosenberg (she's in development, and I have no idea when she will be finished) was essentially given my nicknames as a name because she is mostly voiceacted, and has the type of voice I've always wanted to have normally. OTL (Plus other things about her character.)

Emmy was harder to name than Ashei, and Rin actually went through several name changes before his first release. (And then he went through one a few months ago, but that's another story! XD)

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Not hard but hard when i tried a Japanese name I decided to give him a name that would be easy for me to make and others to remember > <"
Asher- meaning happy or blessed
Coelho- meaning Rabbit

Dekpi

Defender of Defoko
oh god
my first utau was terrible
I was 13 gimme a break
but I named it after myself rip
tbh my new utau literally was developed from an OC from Starbound (A video game) whose name was generated based off of Nahuatl and coincidentally contained the words flower and tejocote, so it ended up meaning something like a hawthorn flower bud, which made the character at least 20x funnier because the hawthorn tree smells like death, but people generally say it just smells like uh.... something else.
so not only
was this character ironically based from a character in a video game that was an alien and threw beehives at people for amusement but he is named after a tree that smells not so rather appropriately
I wouldn't have it any other way

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, it was hard for me because at the time, I thought that Japanese names were a must for some odd reason and I barely knew any Japanese at all, so I just made a design, took an aspect of it for the name (this being the character being a bird) and added some cool sounding word, translated from English to Japanese and voila.

I'm still somewhat guilty of doing so, but now I at least put some thought into it. even though my utau's name literally translates from japanese to "living skeleton" due to his appearance and my joke utau's name literally translates from finnish to "(a) joke" due to him originally being a joke i am terrible at this orz

Reactions: Nohkara and Dekpi

pomi

Momo's Minion
I'm not a creative person at all, so I asked the people on the forums for my UTAU's name! We came up with Hanae Karin but I didn't really like that so I changed it, my UTAU's family name "Karin" is written as ”歌凛” which according to someone on the forums can mean dignified/brave song. <strike>I googled it so it's automitcally correct jkjk</strike>
So I changed her family name to ”凛音”(Rinne) which translates to Dignified Sound.

I felt as though "Rinne Hanae" didn't roll off the tongue too well, so I was stuck. I kept on thinking about what her first name should be. Yui was a name that just stuck with me. It was a name that I've always liked but I was scared that it might be a bit too common. But realised that this is my UTAU and I can do whatever the hell I please with it. I like the name Rinne Yui so her name is going to be Rinne Yui.

TL;DR
For me, naming my UTAU was hard, in fact designing and coming up with a personality for an UTAU is difficult for me, a brick wall has more personality than my UTAU babu ahahaha....

Oz_

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I named mine after the author Jun Mochizuki, because she was my favourite mangaka at the time. I also like the full moon and how it is known in many legends in my place to have been a den of mysteries when nights envelope the sky. (Mochizuki means full moon in Japanese)

I couldn't think of a first name... But I first thought that he should be named Alex... Or at least Ace. But nope. I like Mochizuki better. And since he only has one name, I decided to write it in all caps (under the influence of MEIKO and KAITO). And so it became MOCHIZUKI.

I think that I'd keep the name Ace for his future bank appends though...

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
For my UTAU it was vert easy! I decided on taking an OC I had and turned her into UTAU. She was called "Mougeki Mero" because i liked how it sounded. By the time, I thought the name had no meaning. HOWEVER, whenI started making her UTAU, she ended up turning into separate character, but still same name and look-a-like appearance. "Mougeki" mean"Onslaught" kind of violent meaning, but I like how it sounds and remind me of the Middle Age histories I love.

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
STORY TIME!
Back in the day I had some other UTAUs, two of them being Zia and Daze. Zia was actually a name of a camp counselor I looked up to and I thought it was a really pretty name, so I named one of my UTAUs that. I don't really know where Daze came from though. It was back in my middle school emo phase, so rip me.

Then for Sora, I knew she was gonna be sky themed, so I named her Sora like the five million other UTAUs named that. I wanted her last name to be "Fumetsune" to mean "Immortal sound". I love those quirky translated names. It took me a while to find something that sounded good with the "ne" sound at the end that also had a cool meaning.

Then for Uzu, aka my number one child, I had way less issues. I learned from masked bitch that the word memai actually means vertigo in Japanese, and well lookie here, that's my alias! I liked how "Memaine" sounded, so I gave her that as a last name. First name was harder, because I wanted to find a classic two syllable first name for her that still related to her last name. I ended up giving her the name of Uzu because it means swirl in Japanese. Her name very roughly translated is the Swirling Sound of Vertigo! I think it's cool but it's probably pretty lame :P

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have absolutely no idea.

From what I remember, Falsetto Makearu's (負或ファルセット) name came about from the fact that the original voice samples were a strained falsetto that I hated (thank goodness I can sing higher now). The 'Falsetto' part is self-explanatory, and 'Makearu' came about from me playing around with kanji made up from the first part of the name (though what I came up with translated, roughly, to 'disliked one's', which I just liked).

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
idk my first utau was named named Kaihatsu Kana (I was 12) then I renamed her Kaineka (I was also 12) I'm not gonna say the third name) then I made one named Natalia (I was still 12) now my utau is named Juliana and I am not 12

also her third name ended in "ne" because that's how I thought family names were supposed to end in utau

Last edited: