Voicebank problems with Mawarine Shuu?

sixlightyears

Momo's Minion
new to using utau and just installed mawarine shuu today but for some reason his voice is coming out wheezy/whispering, as opposed to the strong voice i expected. if i don't load a UST, he won't sing at all. my locale is set to japanese and i can use a different utau (urine uri) completely fine, since her voicebank was made simple.
but with shuu, there are a lot of folders with syllable sounds, and the files are all strange names and not simply "あ.wav" and so on.
6ecf0b8b8ab09aa189eeb81ada86eff8.png

6f72c53dcf7d2a7e8e75c69bb2e96eb4.png

i think it's only reading his ひそひそ/whisper voicebank but i want to isolate preferably the D4 one. the alias names, however, are not single hiragana and won't fit into a single lyric/note space.
62b50c044b39e4a71a673102c85d56f8.png

how am i supposed to get him to sing only the D4 voicebank? do i have to reconfigure the aliases or something? again, if i don't load a UST, he won't sing at all.

if anyone with experience using this utau knows how i can fix this, let me know. thanks.

Last edited:

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Now i don't have experience with Shuu, but your using a CVVC Bank. It can be used as normal CV, like [あ][り][が][と], but is usually used well as CVVC for smoother transitions. One can edit by hand, but usually autoCVVC is used, which turns the notes to [あ] [a ry] [り] [i g] [が] [a t] [と]. Be aware that the VC sounds - a ry, i g and a t - have to be as short as possible when editing by hand. Also, Shuu is multipitch, and if there is whisper and power, I assume powerscale. Meaning if you want powerful notes, the notes neee to be above D4 or even G4.

sixlightyears

Momo's Minion
Now i don't have experience with Shuu, but your using a CVVC Bank. It can be used as normal CV, like [あ][り][が][と], but is usually used well as CVVC for smoother transitions. One can edit by hand, but usually autoCVVC is used, which turns the notes to [あ] [a ry] [り] [i g] [が] [a t] [と]. Be aware that the VC sounds - a ry, i g and a t - have to be as short as possible when editing by hand. Also, Shuu is multipitch, and if there is whisper and power, I assume powerscale. Meaning if you want powerful notes, the notes neee to be above D4 or even G4.
thanks for the reply. i did some more searching around and it seems the issue was the UST being CV rather than CVVC/VCV after all. shuu's voicebank sounds fine with a VCV UST so that's good at least.
at your suggestion i did grab the autoCVVC plugin but it didn't seem to affect the CV UST i was using before at all, maybe because there wasn't the correct list to be loaded... i'm not sure what that would be though. however if i edit the lyric by hand he did sing in the proper voicebank, although doing so for each note would be a hassle and i am also unsure of what all the in-between sounds are...

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Aeu

Momo's Minion
Hi! not sure if your still interested for the solution but the fix was just to correct the alias of the wav sample that you need. Make sure you make a backup before you do any changes.