Voice acting tips?

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey, I'm wanting to voice a third UTAU in the future.. But.. I don't know how to change my voice (Aka voice act) to make it not sound like Echo, or Mershio, send help please ;w;

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Could you please provide samples of those voicebanks, and maybe of your own voice? I'm not familiar with them.

One way to distinguish a new character is by accent. If you're doing a Japanese voicebank, it's easy to distinguish the way you pronounce the vowels (since there are so few) while still having them be recognizable. However, it won't sound very realistic.

Reactions: Nohkara

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Could you please provide samples of those voicebanks, and maybe of your own voice? I'm not familiar with them.

One way to distinguish a new character is by accent. If you're doing a Japanese voicebank, it's easy to distinguish the way you pronounce the vowels (since there are so few) while still having them be recognizable. However, it won't sound very realistic.
Umm, I have a sample of Echo's, but Mershio's hasn't been started yet.
[doublepost=1487908072][/doublepost]

Umm, I have a sample of Echo's, but Mershio's hasn't been st
First off, what kind of voice are you going for this UTAU?
A more... sassy tone voice(?)

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
Uhhh, High-class sassy
Hmm... To make a high-class sassy voice, try making your voice sound like it's more guttural or coming from the throat; if you like, you can also add a "stuffy nose" feel to the voice. A good example of a high-class voice is Remy Buxaplenty from Fairly Odd Parents.

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hmm... To make a high-class sassy voice, try making your voice sound like it's more guttural or coming from the throat; if you like, you can also add a "stuffy nose" feel to the voice. A good example of a high-class voice is Remy Buxaplenty from Fairly Odd Parents.
Ahh, okay

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Well depending on what you're going for (which you said sassy) Sassy can resonate anywhere it's just mainly in the way you pronounce things. Of course tone helps, especially if you're going for a higher verses lower sounding sass.

My tips to you are to pick a voice actor/character and try to mimic that certain sound you're going for because everyone probably thinks differently in sound. I'd also focus on pronunciation, because you can have a high voiced character still sound like you unless you give them a different, personality, like feel.
Also, this is a no brainier but just dont stress your vocals. If you're having trouble switching voices entirely, I'd try fooling around every once and while trying to produce different types of voices.

In my personal opinion on "sass" it tend to be more nasal with over pronounced everything, like you're being condescending sounding or sarcastic

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well depending on what you're going for (which you said sassy) Sassy can resonate anywhere it's just mainly in the way you pronounce things. Of course tone helps, especially if you're going for a higher verses lower sounding sass.

My tips to you are to pick a voice actor/character and try to mimic that certain sound you're going for because everyone probably thinks differently in sound. I'd also focus on pronunciation, because you can have a high voiced character still sound like you unless you give them a different, personality, like feel.
Also, this is a no brainier but just dont stress your vocals. If you're having trouble switching voices entirely, I'd try fooling around every once and while trying to produce different types of voices.

In my personal opinion on "sass" it tend to be more nasal with over pronounced everything, like you're being condescending sounding or sarcastic
Oh, okay. Thanks ^w^

Reactions: Kitcat190

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I know how you feel I wanna make two other girls but it's hard to do with my voice in Japanese than English but I did mess around and somehow made a really low voice and got a boy out of it XD but are you going for a high like voice or a low?

EchoCaptil

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I know how you feel I wanna make two other girls but it's hard to do with my voice in Japanese than English but I did mess around and somehow made a really low voice and got a boy out of it XD but are you going for a high like voice or a low?
Low