VOCALOID4 Singing vacuum : COCOROBO !

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So as you know, recently a VOCALOID was revealed and even made her debut

7f0.jpg

COCOROBO

For those not knowing yet, who is she ?

Actually, she isn't a simple VOCALOID : originally she was a vacuum with a moe charatcer sharing same name on it. YES A VACUUM. But it isn't much a new character as she was shown around 2014 and even the people knowing her made sevral fanarts. This Vocaloid voicebank is a collaboration between Sharp and YAMAHA. It is hinted she may be the "sister" of COCOROBO and several characters with different voices did exist prior to this vocaloid version. Several demos, including one by 40m P were released asher debut o n Monday.

It is unknown at the moment if she'll be private or public.

On a personal side, I like her voice (if I was ever drawing a comparison, I'd say she has reminscent things of Miki and MEIKO -in Meiko Sakine mode of course- while keeping some originality and having quite an unique tone. Also, I like her design, and I noticed her hair pin and part o hre hairstyle was forming the word "robo".

Your thoughts ? ~

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I liked the concept...However, I did not like her appearance that much...IDK, it looks like too...IDK It is cute and all, and the clothes both look good...but...yeah...

I havent had the chance to listen her voice yet...I am almost always at school XD

I wonder if there will be some feature where you can send her songs to play on the vacuum XD Lmao it would be hilarious and unique at the same time xD

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So is it supposed to be a voice engine for the vacuun cleaner like Amazon Echo or something, or is it just a VB for the character associated with their brand...? I'm confused.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
@Buck I believe it's both though I'm kinda confused myself OTL

Since there are producers who made demos for her I think she'll be for produce-use as well rather than just being for the vacuum.

Reactions: Buck

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Anyway, when you think about it it's not too dumb the idea of having her songs played while the vacuum is working.... Like, it'd be kinda like those zen-sounding music tunes used as soothing device and maybe, if it was ever used, to cover up the vacuum's own noise and give some ambiance in the home

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's not a bad idea, but if it's only supposed to be a regular VB like the rest then I can't see myself getting it over another vocaloid I'm more familiar with that already fills the exact same voicetype-niche. Vacuumloid might actually give it some merit.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I was searching her page on the Vocaloid Wiki (http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Vocaloid_Wiki:Sandbox/COCOROBO) and I noticed that her voicer is the same of the UTAU Tohoku Itako, sister of Tohoku Kiritan and Zunko.

Do you guys think that if Cocorobo is released (private or public IDK) the voicebanks of Tohoku Itako will be taken down??? Remember the same technically happened to DEX, DAINA, RUBY, Macne Nana...When their voicers started working on the VOCALOID voices their UTAU voicebanks were taken down as soon as the VOCALOID product was released.

I am unsure if this will happen tho, since COCOROBO:

1-Might be private...
2-Tohoku Itako is a character by other VOCALOID holder Company...
3-Itako might receive VOICEROID VBs in the future, just like Tohoku Kiritan, whose VBs are still up for DL even so...

On other hand it is possible since:

1-Every UTAU owner needed to take it down as soon as they worked on VOCALOID VBs. Maybe it is a politic of the companies (or Yamaha)?
2-Being a paid product, it is preferible to have only the paid products...money.

So, thoughts?

Reactions: kimchi-tan