VCV - trying to record A3, but at some point ended up at G#3

P

partial

I was trying to record an A3 pitch for a VCV bank.

But as I went through all of my recordings when I finished, I noticed a lot of them leaned more towards G#3 than A3. Do I need to rerecord, or are the pitches close enough it shouldn't be a problem? I have always struggled maintaining pitch with VCV recordings, and I feel a bit discouraged to have this problem yet again.

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree that there's no need to re-record. You were as close to the target pitch as you could be at that moment.

I have similar problems with recording consistency and it should be fine.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I agree with the previous posters. I don't know if you already do this, but a good way to maintain the right pitch is using guideBGM. I recommend OneNoteJazz.

Reactions: partial
P

partial

I agree with the previous posters. I don't know if you already do this, but a good way to maintain the right pitch is using guideBGM. I recommend OneNoteJazz.
I didn't use a guide BGM of any kind, but for the other pitches I record I most likely will.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are you keeping yourself hydrated and taking breaks? The longer you record without a break for silence/water, the more likely it can be for you to unintentionally drift and become flat/sharp - or even mess up with pronunciation due to being in an autopilot state.

Recording - like configuring - can get boring without something to break the monotony, so try to take breaks.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about being pitch perfect across the board. A bit of pitch shift manipulation can fix that [depending on the software available to you]. What matters is that the overall tone is consistent.

Last edited:

Cheese

cured meat enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
TBH don't worry about re-recording, you were close enough. What I like doing when I can't seem to stay on pitch is to go to Options>Advanced Settings, and then check the "target tone" box, then going to Show>Show F0ーallowing me to see how on pitch my recordings are.
Ib1VD28.png

Reactions: Kiyoteru
P

partial

Are you keeping yourself hydrated and taking breaks? The longer you record without a break for silence/water, the more likely it can be for you to unintentionally drift and become flat/sharp - or even mess up with pronunciation due to being in an autopilot state.

Recording - like configuring - can get boring without something to break the monotony, so try to take breaks.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about being pitch perfect across the board. A bit of pitch shift manipulation can fix that [depending on the software available to you]. What matters is that the overall tone is consistent.
This is actually the first VCV I've recorded where I took multiple breaks and had drinks around, ahahh.....

TBH don't worry about re-recording. What I like doing when I can't seem to stay on pitch is to go to Options>Advanced Settings, and then check the "target tone" box, then going to Show>Show F0ーallowing me to see how on pitch my recordings are.
Ib1VD28.png
I knew about the f0 function, but had no idea about a target tone box! Thanks! I'll keep this in mind for the next pitch I do!