UTAU won't work on Windows 10!

kirogaraii

Momo's Minion
Hi! I am certainly not new to UTAU or the program itself. However, I recently got a new laptop, that has the Win10 system on it. I tried installing UTAU many times now, but I always have the same Locale-related problem, even though my Locale IS changed to Japan.

Basically when I open the program, a window pops up with this error;

Info: The preutterance of '* ‚ ' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¦' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¨' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¢' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* ‚¤' is longer than the overlap.

+Defoko won't sing, even after creating the .frq files.

Various tutorials showed the same error, and the problem always seems to be related to the Locale and language, but I already changed my Locale to Japan, reinstalled the program, and this keeps happening.

But now I noticed that in Defoko's 'voice' folder, the .frq files do have hiragana symbols, only the sound files look bugged.

Any suggestions? :0

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi! I am certainly not new to UTAU or the program itself. However, I recently got a new laptop, that has the Win10 system on it. I tried installing UTAU many times now, but I always have the same Locale-related problem, even though my Locale IS changed to Japan.

Basically when I open the program, a window pops up with this error;

+Defoko won't sing, even after creating the .frq files.

Various tutorials showed the same error, and the problem always seems to be related to the Locale and language, but I already changed my Locale to Japan, reinstalled the program, and this keeps happening.

But now I noticed that in Defoko's 'voice' folder, the .frq files do have hiragana symbols, only the sound files look bugged.

Any suggestions? :0
try downloading defoko (I can send her to you) and that "error" is normal it is just some info that won't really help you EDIT: did you happen to install utau then change your locale cause the error shouldn't be in mojibake, try uninstalling then reinstalling utau

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It works fine on Windows 10. You probably downloaded utau and then change locale.
Locale first, restart, then you download.
Did you try other utau banks before thinking there's a problem? I don't know if you know, but download V0.4.18e, it's English UTAU.

This error is normal, just click "don't show again" otherwise it'll pop up with every few UTAU you use. And defoko never really sang for me but other UTAU banks were 100% fine, so might just be defoko? Since it's in mojibake, you definitely downloaded UTAU before locale. Uninstall everything, and change locale back to normal, then restart, then locale to JP, restart then download V0.4.18e, English UTAU.

Reactions: kirogaraii

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Another thing you should do, since you're from europe, is to go in the advance setting in the format tab and change the decimal setting from , (comma) to . (period). This will fix resamplers from not working.
This seetting isn't required to be set prior to downloading the program nor any voicebanks.

kirogaraii

Momo's Minion
It works fine on Windows 10. You probably downloaded utau and then change locale.
Locale first, restart, then you download.
Did you try other utau banks before thinking there's a problem? I don't know if you know, but download V0.4.18e, it's English UTAU.

This error is normal, just click "don't show again" otherwise it'll pop up with every few UTAU you use. And defoko never really sang for me but other UTAU banks were 100% fine, so might just be defoko? Since it's in mojibake, you definitely downloaded UTAU before locale. Uninstall everything, and change locale back to normal, then restart, then locale to JP, restart then download V0.4.18e, English UTAU.
I tried that now... I do have the english version.
But there's still the same bug. This time no error, but everything still is in mojibake. I replaced Defoko with a romanized version of the voicebank and she does sing now, but every other hiragana-encoded voicebank is still in mojibake and doesn't work. I'm really clueless.
I tried repeating the cycle but with the japanese version of UTAU and it is even more bugged. And mojibake-d.

+I tried reinstalling UTAU, but with winRAR instead of winZIP. Nothing changed.

The weird thing is that every other program or file that has japanese in it is fine. Only every file related to UTAU is glitched. :sad:

kirogaraii

Momo's Minion
UPDATE !!
I don't know how I could've missed this, but I guess I had to repair my Japanese keyboard, and set my location (+Locale) manually to Japan.
I followed this tutorial by Yuunari, reinstalled UTAU (yet again), and all of the corruption and mojibake is gone !

Thank you for your replies & help!! :^D

Reactions: Kiyoteru