Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
After proposing my Idea for a Visual Novel based on utaus, I decided to let you in on the details of the project itself, and what exactly is needed!

Also, the VN can include OC's as well, however UTAUs will be preffered.

STORY DETAILS:
There is not a fixed story so far, instead, it will be an episodic release with each episode having a different story and genre. However IF there is a consistent story, the genres will be:
- Comedy
- Slice of Live
- Romance (There will be an option for straight, shounen ai and shoujo ai)
- School
- A bit ecchi maybe
The Story and/or Episode will focus on a cast of maximum 10 Characters to appear, while in the whole VN, up to 25 can appear; with 10 being males, 10 females and 5 non-gender characters (such as Selim, or Armor)
DEVELOPING DETAILS:
The VN will be made with Ren'Py, and what will be needed are artists for character sprites and backgrounds. Aside from myself, 3 writers are needed, and every utau and/or OC will be voice acted. If for some reason, the utau vp isn't able to take part in voice acting, the alternative is via talkloid. Not all dialogues will be recorded though. Also, be aware that Voice Acted UTAUs are preffered instead of talkloids, since it sounds more natural, and some utau are supposed to talk differently as to how they sing. The last thing needed is a composer for original music, like an opening or background music. I will write down a list on what is needed, and how to apply for both Utaus, OCs and Composer.

IN NEED:

- Artist (Character and Background):
Name:
- Writer:
Name:
Sample of Work: (Can be a dialogue, or a short paragraph for a story)
- Composer:
Name:
Sample of Work: (Both songs and background music)

HOW TO APPLY AN UTAU:

Name:
Picture
Personality:
Sexuality:
Voice Type:
Voice Sample: (Either Voice Acted Phrases or Talkloid; choose 3 out of those down below)

PHRASES FOR SAMPLES:

Introduction Sentences (variies on personality):
Cheerful: "Hi there! My name is _____! It's a pleasure to meet ya!"
Calm: "Oh, hello there. I am _____. I'm glad we could meet."
Annoyed: "Yeah I am ____, now scram."
Shy: "O-oh! H-hi...i...I am ____...n-n-nice to meetcha!"

Partner Sentences (variies on personality and situation):
Seducing: "Oh come on...it'll be fun, don't worry! Just tag along, wont'cha?"
Romantic (towards a female): "Wow...you're hair is really beautiful...I like the colour of it..."
Admiring (towards a male): "Oh my...those muscles...do you happen to work out a lot?"
Shy (after receiving a compliment): "What...? N-no...my _____ isn't/aren't that beautiful/cool...you...you're..." *chuckle shyly*
Tsundere: "Here...take this...but...IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING...B-BAKA!" (Ah you knew this had to come XD)

Comedic Situations:
Falling into a girl's chest: "W-whoa!! I'M SO SORRY!! THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!"
When they don't get a joke: "Ahahahha! I...I uhm...I don't get it..."
Fake fight: "Oh...so you want to fight huh?! I'M NOT GONNA RUN! COME AT MEEE!!!!!"
Pervert quotes: "A cup? B cup? Does it really matter? All types of breasts are great, as long as they're attached to a cute girl!/WHOA....just...come on...move the skirt just a bit...almost...almost.../WHAT?! W-WELL FIRST WHY WERE YOU LOOKING UNDER MY BED?! S-S-SECOND OF ALL THESE AREN'T MINE I HIDE THEM FOR A FRIEND!!! I'M NO PERVERT!!!"

Insults:
Regarding a girl's breasts: "Oh, you want to be hot? Jeez, girl...with that flatchest of yours?"
Being annoyed at someone: "Oh come on, will you please shut up?! I can't hear you anymore, gah!"
Protecting someone from a bully: "Why do you pick on him/her? Like, come on seriously...scram...or else..."

Please record these lines, or make a talkloid with those and upload them to clyp or soundcloud, and share them here once you're applying you're UTAU/OC.

I hope we can work together, and make this Visual Novel an actual thing!

Last edited:

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Even tho it is obvious that I'll add my own utau, I'll still make a formal application, so you can see my take on him!
Name: Sora Matsuo
matsuo sora hirogaru.png
Personality: Calm yet cheerful, and easy going. A bit lazy, yet a good friend. His romantic side depends on gender, as towards females he likes he tends to be the charming romantic young man type, and towards males he tends to be the tsundere yet shy boy type or younger brother type.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Voice Type: In general calm, towards a male he tends to talk higher, in a tsundere and sometimes shy way or the "energetic younger brother voice"
Voice Sample: https://clyp.it/yatjjb32?token=e937da241d388a6011089809a07b40c1
[doublepost=1498069790,1498068557][/doublepost]New Artist Added!: @Melomad is now part of the team! Welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Melomad

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Very cool project! I wish I could help but I cant do anything that is required XD

Anyway, I wanted to notive that while the terms "yaoi" and "yuri" are related to same gender love, I think Shounen Ai and Shoujo Ai (for males and females respectively) would appropriate more since Yaoi and Yuri are generally used for more sexual content. ^^'

Well, other than that, good luck!

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Very cool project! I wish I could help but I cant do anything that is required XD

Anyway, I wanted to notive that while the terms "yaoi" and "yuri" are related to same gender love, I think Shounen Ai and Shoujo Ai (for males and females respectively) would appropriate more since Yaoi and Yuri are generally used for more sexual content. ^^'

Well, other than that, good luck!

Oh...yeah thats right ^^' thanks for the reminder/correction...

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Sassy Peacock

Teto's Territory
Sounds cool! I'd help with the artwork if I could, but unfortunately, my art is only mediocre and I've never had the experience of drawing any comics, mangas, or visual novels. As for any UTAUs, well, I don't have any of my own yet (but I'm working on that).
HOWEVER, I think I may be able to help with the writing. I'm not entirely sure though because I'll be gone all next week on vacation.

P

partial

Would it be possible to include some stories with romance, but no sex? Or some stories with no romance at all?

Reactions: Nohkara

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Sounds cool! I'd help with the artwork if I could, but unfortunately, my art is only mediocre and I've never had the experience of drawing any comics, mangas, or visual novels. As for any UTAU, well, I don't have any of my own yet (but I'm working on that).
HOWEVER, I think I may be able to help with the writing. I'm not entirely sure though because I'll be gone all next week on vacation.
Would it be possible to include some stories with romance, but no sex? Or some stories with no romance at all?
@Sassy Peacock well you can always show me your art! And sure!

@partial but of course!

P

partial

@Sors Wonderful. I personally am uncomfortable with 'seductive' or sexual scenes, but I know the majority likes it.

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
@Sors Wonderful. I personally am uncomfortable with 'seductive' or sexual scenes, but I know the majority likes it.
Ahh I see. But well, there is no need for those to be included haha.

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello hello there~
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Armor
Picture:
remember_that_guy_i_drew_yesterday___by_simelomad-db4e5vd.png
Personality: Armor is a happy-go-lucky kid. They really likes jokes but they don't understand it most of the time. Armor always needs somebody to explain things. They are doing badly at school, in fact, Armor only likes one thing : fishing.
Sexuality: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Voice Type: Androginous kid akwardly screaming all the time.
Voice Sample: https://clyp.it/twrpcb0l?token=ba0dda4d78e41044a3caee6a34ae87f6

P

partial

Hello hello there~
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Armor
Picture:
remember_that_guy_i_drew_yesterday___by_simelomad-db4e5vd.png
Personality: Armor is a happy-go-lucky kid. They really likes jokes but they don't understand it most of the time. Armor always needs somebody to explain things. They are doing badly at school, in fact, Armor only likes one thing : fishing.
Sexuality: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Voice Type: Androginous kid akwardly screaming all the time.
Voice Sample: https://clyp.it/twrpcb0l?token=ba0dda4d78e41044a3caee6a34ae87f6
PRECIOUS CHILD

M U S T P R O T E C T

Reactions: Nohkara and Melomad

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounds interesting but are all voice acting dialogues in English?? (If you don't mind my thick accent I can apply one or two of my UTAU in)

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Sounds interesting but are all voice acting dialogues in English?? (If you don't mind my thick accent I can apply one or two of my UTAU in)
Yes. But depending on the accent - as Armor's VP has a french one - the nationality - if there isn't a set one - will be set to the VPs nationaliy so the accent makes sense

feloe

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Neat idea! ((lol im super monotone but if you need a monotone character ill gladly apply ;^) )). Either way im looking forward to thiis

Reactions: Nohkara