UTAU the GAME (announcement)

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
(Note this post is just an announcement thread that pertains to information about the game. It does not contain footage nor links as of the original posting merely information regarding such a project)

NOTE: We have gotten permission to use these UTAU vb and characters from the creators and or owners. Same with all the music that will be in the game.

Hello wonderful UTAU users.

My name is Amanda and I'm a indie game dev/producer. I make video games and run a company that produces them. As some of you have seen I've been talking about a big project lately well time to talk about it. It's a video game. Right now it's still being developed. Hopefully it will continue to be so through the kickstarter.

It's called ʌirtual Idol (virtual idol)
The demo is currently out though it only features a few of the more simpler mechanics that will make an apearence in the final game.

https://www.facebook.com/VirtualIdolGAME/

It's a pc game and it takes you through music videos with objects on screen that you have to coordinate in order to make the song sound correct. However unlike games that are similar to this (such as guitar hero or rockband) their is a key element of memorization that's involved as well as a great deal of improvisation. It's a bit hard to explain with the demo only showcasing the more simpler (Guitar hero esc) Elements.

In order to make the game accessible to neurodivergent users such as myself you always have the option of skipping a level and going right to the reward (in which case it will play the video with full sound) The reward being a music video at the end of the completed level. The music will be completely customizable.

The game has three difficulties

Simple (easy)
Derivative (medium)
and complex (hard)

It features songs both in Japanese and in English.

Right now we have a kickstarter out for the game and a demo release here

The following characters are in the game:

Yami Ryone (Example English) (Example Japanese)

e-CH0 (Example song)

Al!ce.16 (Example Japanese song) (Example English)

Myuto Amaya (sample song)

Chikka Torreliza (sample song)

Aino Erufu (sample song)

Czloid (sample song)

Crina (sample song)

Mimi (sample song)

Their will also be several additional UTAU characters featured that are not listed because it involves kickstarter rewards.

Lastly if you have any questions feel free to ask. If your interested in this project I suggest you follow the thread because I will be consistently posting updates about the game and it's development.

Thanks a bunch -Amanda Snowflake

Last edited:

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
Is it going to be free or? If you need someone to create models and motion pvs like those in Project Diva I can try, however, you would need to describe the artist style prefered for the model's style.

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Is it going to be free or? If you need someone to create models and motion pvs like those in Project Diva I can try, however, you would need to describe the artist style prefered for the model's style.
We have base models and it will be free for the first day its out then it will be commercial. Just because I've spent so much time and effort into this game not to mention buying of songs and rights and communicating with Japanese producers which is very strenuous because the copyright laws are different over there. Plus I'm paying the tuners paying the composers paying for rights paying for textures and paying for 3d modelers among other things. If it weren't commercial I'm sure it couldn't get made because of how much money it takes to make.
[doublepost=1451085696][/doublepost]
We have base models and it will be free for the first day its out then it will be commercial. Just because I've spent so much time and effort into this game not to mention buying of songs and rights and communicating with Japanese producers which is very strenuous because the copyright laws are different over there. Plus I'm paying the tuners paying the composers paying for rights paying for textures and paying for 3d modelers among other things. If it weren't commercial I'm sure it couldn't get made because of how much money it takes to make.
But it will probably only cost between 5-1o dollars regularly and the deluxe edition will cost between 15-30.

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
[doublepost=1451085696][/doublepost]

But it will probably only cost between 5-1o dollars regularly and the deluxe edition will cost between 15-30.

Oh, ok! Are you going to allow pre-orders before the games intitial release?

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Oh, ok! Are you going to allow pre-orders before the games intitial release?
Maybe...don't know yet you can preorder the game through kickstarter once that's up like if you pay 20$ you get an early copy of the game before its released.

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
One question, I know about the kickstarter rewards, however: Will the game be updated continually to include new titles/character models?

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
One question, I know about the kickstarter rewards, however: Will the game be updated continually to include new titles/character models?
Not necessarily however if the initial game is successful it will have a sequel with possibly different characters. However I know its a bit expensive but if one so chooses they can donate 300$ or 500$ and get their character in the game with the character getting its own songs. For 500$ its 7 songs with every +$50 getting you another song and with 300 its 3 songs with every $100+ getting you another song.

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
I wish I had sufficient funds exceeding $50, or else I could invest more in your product and therefore be able to have original characters programmed into the game..

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
I wish I had sufficient funds exceeding $50, or else I could invest more in your product and therefore be able to have original characters programmed into the game..
Ya sorry, but our goal is 1000 so those are the big rewards . I'm not even putting my own UTAU (plural) in the game.

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
Then again, you never know. I could experience a surplus in money in the next year and be able to fully support it, you never know. But, for the time being, I'll offer what little I can to help you progress.
[doublepost=1451088587][/doublepost]WHOOPSIES I repeated myself

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Then again, you never know. I could experience a surplus in money in the next year and be able to fully support it, you never know. But, for the time being, I'll offer what little I can to help you progress.
[doublepost=1451088587][/doublepost]WHOOPSIES I repeated myself
Thanks!

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Even if you don't have examples of this game do you have any examples of other games you've worked on? Since you say you're a game dev(indie or otherwise) with a company it sounds like you have other games up your sleeve that you could show people to prove you're capable of such a big project such as this.

I ask/say this cause examples of your work as a whole might make people more receptive to such a huge idea. Actually...I'm sure of it. Or is this the first game you plan on completing?

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Even if you don't have examples of this game do you have any examples of other games you've worked on? Since you say you're a game dev(indie or otherwise) with a company it sounds like you have other games up your sleeve that you could show people to prove you're capable of such a big project such as this.

I ask/say this cause examples of your work as a whole might make people more receptive to such a huge idea. Actually...I'm sure of it. Or is this the first game you plan on completing?

I have other games in progress but I'm not the only developer on this project. We're hiring several other developers. So it isn't solely dependent on me....I'm sorry you have your doubts.
[doublepost=1451095129][/doublepost]
I have other games in progress but I'm not the only developer on this project. We're hiring several other developers. So it isn't solely dependent on me....I'm sorry you have your doubts.
It's my first big project I have a film background mostly and have completed many projects regarding that. However with games they take time to create and in some cases years worth. And given how new the company is we don't have years worth yet. So sorry but no I don't have anything to show yet. I understand why your skeptical but I will have footage by the end of next month to show.
[doublepost=1451095635][/doublepost]If your really that skeptical i could gather projects that the other dev's have worked on. It would take some time but I could show you some evidence that my team is capable.

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Okay we have a patreon (link) and heres' the unlisted kickstarter video (link) It's not subtitled on youtube but it will be on the kickstarter. Gameplay footage is almost ready. I'm just working out a few bugs with our lead Dev.

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
Update: Given how many people have asked to be apart of the project we are now allowing volunteers to the project.

Who are volunteers? Well we have several people working on the project freelancers and volunteers. Freelancers are people who are working on the game under contracts and payment, while people who are volunteers are people who are working on the game for free in exchange for free copies of the game. Kickstarter/Patreon rewards for free, getting their character to make cameo's or appear in the game and more rewards along those lines.

I much prefer to pay people however if your under age you can't legally sign a contract their are people who can't afford the game, or to donate to the kickstarter, lots of people have been asking on Youtube and VO to be apart of the project, and more.
Anyone can volunteer however if they so choose. You can apply to be a freelancer or a volunteer at Braincakellc@gmail.com just fill out the following forum:

What skills do you have that we could use?

What is your experience regarding those skills?

Why do you wish to be apart of this project?

If your an artist please link a portfolio or deviant art

If you are a tuner, mixer, or other please send samples of your work as well.

Also we have the YouTube trailer set up and the demo has encountered a major bug that we're working on fixing. The demo should be ready by the end of the month.

Lastly we have a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/VIRTAULSYNTH?ty=h

Now for the trailer:

[doublepost=1451609372][/doublepost]Oh I almost forgot : Here is a cover song that will be in the game:

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
I can mix or render covers. I can also try tuning, no guarantees though. I can't draw though, and I don't really know how to make USTs. I've been mixing covers for several months now, although my earlier ones were horrible, but I've improved greatly.

I mostly use Audacity to mix, but I can try using FL Studio to mix.

I don't really have much of a reason to want to help? I kinda just want to help. I don't exactly know why though. But I do like the idea!

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
I can mix or render covers. I can also try tuning, no guarantees though. I can't draw though, and I don't really know how to make USTs. I've been mixing covers for several months now, although my earlier ones were horrible, but I've improved greatly.

I mostly use Audacity to mix, but I can try using FL Studio to mix.

I don't really have much of a reason to want to help? I kinda just want to help. I don't exactly know why though. But I do like the idea!

I responded via pm.