UTAU Terminology?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello, everyone ^-^ This topic has been on my mind for a while. So I'm sure those who have been in the Utau community long enough get that there's a specific set of terms we use; ie, voicebanks, Utau newcomer, multipitch/monopitch, UST, etc. It also makes it pretty easy to navigate Utau-related content on the web, and video sharing sites like YouTube. However, I was thinking that that would only get one so far. We have these terms in English, which won't provide much if one wants to go on a site like Niconico to browse there. By this I mean typing in certain terms we use in English may limit results, especially for those who want to broaden the range of Utau they have access to and whatnot. Like how typing in 'Ouka Alice' gets you less/different results than if you typed in 桜花アリス. With the latter it'd be easier to find access to information and images from say, Pixiv or Oriko's Twitter and Ouka's homepage.

So I was curious if it'd be possible to sort of generate a masterlist of terms for Utau in languages like Japanese, Korean, etc. so that it would be easier to get a broader range of desired results. Like how voicebanks in Japan iirc are known as voice libraries, and so on and so forth. I think it'd definitely help a lot to get some information from members of the community, since when it comes to Utau are generally more helpful/understandable than something like Google Translate. So, thoughts? (hope i put this in the right place, I'm always confused on exactly where to post some of these threads >-<)

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sure, that sounds like a good idea. Do you want this thread to contain the master list or do you plan on making another one?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Glad you guys agree!! Hm, maybe I'll put the spreadsheet in Projects/WIPs, unless Resources would be better. Feel free to pull up languages you know and some terms so they can be added to the list!!