UTAU English VCCV 2015

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Hello. :3 Those things that I was doing? They're done now!!

CZs Voice bank is here:

And the Tutorials start here:

Good luck everyone!!!

Old information:
I am creating a new method for working with English in UTAU! I'm calling it VCCV. This method involves using OREMO and SetParam, along with a base oto.ini file, and will be released in mid to late August, 2015. The release will include the Core VCCV English Reclist. This reclist is designed to be used with American accents in mind. (Reclists with other accents in mind will be released later.)
The release will also include 1 pitch of CZloid's VCCV Core English bank, and several video tutorials detailing how to pronounce, record, configure, and use this new method.

I want to make English UTAU easy, and fun to use, without any headaches! My banks are complex, but very streamlined at this point. I've been doing this for 6 years!! lol. I've designed the Core list to be easily edited, in case you don't agree with the insane amount of vowels I've decided to include. (Hey, I had to take out some. I could have added more.) So you can easily fit a bank to your needs. :3

The phonetics system uses a custom set of aliases that I've been developing specifically to work with in UTAU. I don't expect everyone to like this, but I guess you can't please everyone! I'm not going to stop you from editing it to whatever phonetic system you'd like, but I do ask you to try mine out, if only for the sake of trying to make a more uniform system that English UTAU can use.
[\spoiler]

Latest updates and Demo's can be found on my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/paintedcz

CZloids new design has also been released! Concept art, "Boxart", and character backstory can be found here: http://chezzie-chan.deviantart.com/art/CZloid-Character-Backstory-550041275

commission___czloid_by_bagelhero_works-d93i523.jpg

Art by Halo. http://fav.me/d93i523

And if you want to know more about me, and how and why and whatnot, this blog post on my tumblr probably says a lot about me. http://paintedcz.tumblr.com/post/123667495835/cz-accidentally-writes-a-passionate-essay-about

I'll slowly be releasing updates from now on, so I'll try and keep everything together on this forum as I go. :3
Thank you for your support everyone. ; A ; I'm really excited to release this list. I can't wait to hear more English UTAU!

Please ask me any question you have here!!

Last edited:

Arisa-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ahhhh I love the progression video! I've really wanted to do an english utau at some point once I get my first one done and understand how UST's work. Even watching your video is intimidating with all the otoing and ust making in general, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it some day. You're such a big deal in the UTAU world, and I personally want to give you a big thank you and congrats on all the work you've put into the English UTAU realm. I can't imagine what improvements will come next, but I know they will blow me away time and time again~

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Holy Rainbow, I really love that VCCV English concept. It does not only sound clearer but I can understand it without looking at the lyrics. I hope that VCCV will clear the confusion between the CVVC concept used for non-Japanese voicebanks and CVVC concept used for Japanese voicebanks.

I can't even wait for the release of the VCCV reclist next year! :D

:wink:

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Seriously, I can't wait for this reclist release. I'm sure it really worths waiting! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Dayum, it's really subtle over the course of the experiments video, but when you really compare the first and the latest, you can hear a lot of the difference!

I'm so excited for this!! I've really loved english UTAU and this new realism you're bringing to us is amazing! I might still use Delta's list for quick banks because of the oto generation thingymabob, but when I get down to business, I'm recording everything you'll provide in this reclist. Great UTAU English makes me so happy.

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
AAAAHHHH im so excited for your voicebank! i have so many song that i really want to cover!! i cant wait aksjdhasjd

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
THANK YOU EVERYONE. ; ~ ; <3

I'm excited! Is it a harder process then CVVC?
I guess it depends on what you define as being easier. xD;
There are a lot more things going on, but I've taken out a lot of the guess work for making the USTs, and the otos. Everything runs a lot smoother, and you don't need to mess with it as much to make it sound decent. AND the usts should run much better across different voice banks.
So I think it's easier over all, even though there's more to think about.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Super hyyyyped~!!!

I have a question though~ It's gunna sound pretty dumb but oh well I need to know cause I'm dumb okay? lol So when all this new sexy English stuff comes out would it be possible to update Iris's English bank(or any currently existing CVVC bank I suppose) without re-doing everything? Or should I start from scratch? Like....kinda of an example...should I re-record and re-oto an entirely new bank or could I get away with just re-otoing and recording new sounds she doesn't have? Am I making sense here? xD

I ask because of your "sorry I keep changing things on you after you've already recorded" comment haha and I guess...I need it spelled out for me. I know in the end it'll be up to me and what I feel like doing but I just want your opinion~ ouo

Reactions: Tema

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Super hyyyyped~!!!

I have a question though~ It's gunna sound pretty dumb but oh well I need to know cause I'm dumb okay? lol So when all this new sexy English stuff comes out would it be possible to update Iris's English bank(or any currently existing CVVC bank I suppose) without re-doing everything? Or should I start from scratch? Like....kinda of an example...should I re-record and re-oto an entirely new bank or could I get away with just re-otoing and recording new sounds she doesn't have? Am I making sense here? xD

I ask because of your "sorry I keep changing things on you after you've already recorded" comment haha and I guess...I need it spelled out for me. I know in the end it'll be up to me and what I feel like doing but I just want your opinion~ ouo

OK so, updating the oto to your current bank will improve the quality. And you could technically record the sounds that this new list has and add them to your bank.
But I don't recommend it.
There are a lot of different aspects going into VCCV that give it the quality that it has.
Technically you can do.... anything! But what I'm doing is pretty specific, and I can't guarantee it'll work out the way you want it to if any steps are skipped.

Things will probably start to make a lot more sense once I start explaining the recording and otoing process. :3

Reactions: IrisFlower

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First of [HASHTAG]#superhyped[/HASHTAG]!
and my little sister who understands very little of UTAU could sing and dance along with it. She likes it.
Question time!

1.So are is x like a weird cross between the "u" sound and "6"
2. Are the [C C] and [V C] a special type of oto.ini or something new?

I also have a sneaky feeling that I'm working on something similar to this.

Last edited:

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Jesus Christ, dat realism doe.

I always hesitate to record an English voicebank because I know you're just gonna release a better one each time!
I've got high hopes and total #hype for this like woah nelly :shades:

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
First of [HASHTAG]#superhyped[/HASHTAG]!
and my little sister who understands very little of UTAU could sing and dance along with it. She likes it.
Question time!

1.So are is x like a weird cross between the "u" sound and "6"
2. Are the [C C] and [V C] a special type of oto.ini or something new?

I also have a sneaky feeling that I'm working on something similar to this.

WOO. Little sister likes it!! That's really awesome, honestly. 8D

1. This is the Schwa. And I'm just gonna link you to the Wiki page. XD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa
But long story short, it's literally everywhere. It could be anywhere. And it's amazing.
If you listen to the song one more time, I did the line "When can we do this again" in two different ways near the end. The first time she's not using a Schwa for the word "again" (su) and the second time she is using a Schwa for the word "again". (sx) It's hard to explain, but easy to hear the difference!

2. The CCs and V Cs aren't anything new, I've just finally got everything working together in harmony. haha
I'm still testing a lot of the CCs, but they just... do what it looks like they're doing.
And the V Cs just work like they do in JP CVVC. Basically forming VCV.

You probably are! I think a lot of people are and have been. :3

Reactions: partial and Zarsla

Wii Fit Trainer

Momo's Minion
I really like how this is coming so far, I can't wait for the end result and see people using the oto's and producing banks like this

Question, this may seem silly, but what's going on in the bottom of the utau? I thought it was maybe pitch but I see the pitch with the notes. I've never seen that before so I'm a little lost

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
this is amazing. I'm glad I neglected to record one of your lists till recent o3o

you say it's fundamentally different. In use, would one simply be able to treat it similar to CVVC with a few additions/variations? or is it drastically different?
Just wondering, I like using other's voicebanks, rather than creating them myself.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Question, this may seem silly, but what's going on in the bottom of the utau? I thought it was maybe pitch but I see the pitch with the notes. I've never seen that before so I'm a little lost

it's actually a feature of shareware UTAU, and it's a line showing the actual power/volume of the notes. I don't personally use it much, but for one focusing a lot on otos and smoothness, it's a great feature to see how the samples are working together.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Really excited for this list! I've decided to develop my UTAU's English using it, and I'm really excited to try it out!