Contest UTAU Design Contest! [CLOSED!]

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello everyone! Kowareta here! OUO

UTAU Human Project is going to be hosting a lot of special events this year and the next!
For now, we are starting small but we will be having much larger events! They're in development right now! Please look forward to it! OUO

The first event is happening now! It will be an UTAU design contest! We're looking for new designs for our UHP Voicebanks, Amane Cha-Cha and/or Yumeiro Theory!

There will be prizes for the first place winner, as well as prizes for the runner-up!

Prizes include:

• Money
  • Art
  • Song requests
  • Chibi animations
  • An original PV
  • Free mixing
  • Use of your design (with full credit)
Your name and links to any channels you want will be included in the videos and descriptions any time the design is used, we won't take any credit for it!

We hope some of you participate! As stated, we have much bigger events planned, which I can't talk about yet as they are huge, require some more development, and are a surprise!
(As well as some collaborations with other groups and users :wink:)

The links with the info, references, and deadlines can be found here:
*A FAQ is now included and will be updated with any questions!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nMIH-pEGWsPaY0k3k-1AndJqnLktZOTcntIcCYlC2PY/edit?usp=sharing

And in the official announcement video here:

The judges who will determine the winners will be announced, but it can be anyone from this list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CPjnIPQggi69vUou1SXfx5uXkMVX9E5TPS-wb8Y10fo/edit?usp=sharing

Please spread the word!

Please look forward to it and participate! Even if you feel you aren't the best at art, or you're shy about art styles, we are only looking at the designs! Any level of art is accepted- beginner or pro; it doesn't matter - every medium is accepted! As long as the rules are followed and the design is clear, we will accept it!

Lastly, even if you don't win, we will have a showcase video for all the entries, which will include your design and name as a way of saying Thank You!

Thank you so much, we hope to see some contributions!:love:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Zephyr

Glitter and Death
Defender of Defoko
Can you explain why edits aren't allowed? Like I don't see a point in not allowing edits to a design.
I understand the 1 design entry thing but why the no edits thing. Just curious ^^
The idea of me not being able to change something i dont like about the design is just ... deeply upsetting. So i'll prolly not enter so good luck to the other participants!

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Can you explain why edits aren't allowed? Like I don't see a point in not allowing edits to a design.
I understand the 1 design entry thing but why the no edits thing. Just curious ^^
The idea of me not being able to change something i dont like about the design is just ... deeply upsetting. So i'll prolly not enter so good luck to the other participants!

I'm not sure I understand fully what you mean. If you're talking about our rule that says you can't resubmit a design once it's sent, then I can explain that.

If we allow everyone to keep altering and changing their designs after submitting them, it could lead to more complications such as plagiarism, tracing, we could easily lose track over which one we were supposed to accept, etc. People could see other entries, take back their design, alter it to add components, then resubmit with ideas taken from other entries. We are aware that some people might do that the first time around, but we are going to be looking for any signs of plagiarism as best we can. Monitoring the number of times you can send in an entry helps.

Secondly, we are giving every participant roughly 2 months to come up with a design. This is a lot of time to look over an entry and make any final touches before sending it in. That should be enough time to look for any mistakes or unwanted details. It's only fair that everyone gets the same amount of tries for the same amount of time. You should be comfortable with your design when you decide to send it.

We only allow 1 entry and no edits for those reasons. It's the same as taking an exam; the teacher won't give it back just because you realize the answer to a question you think you got wrong.

Hopefully, this is what you meant! It shouldn't hinder the design process, so hopefully, every participant does well regardless of this rule.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Zephyr

Glitter and Death
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure I understand fully what you mean. If you're talking about our rule that says you can't resubmit a design once it's sent, then I can explain that.

If we allow everyone to keep altering and changing their designs after submitting them, it could lead to more complications such as plagiarism, tracing, we could easily lose track over which one we were supposed to accept, etc. People could see other entries, take back their design, alter it to add components, then resubmit with ideas taken from other entries. We are aware that some people might do that the first time around, but we are going to be looking for any signs of plagiarism as best we can. Monitoring the number of times you can send in an entry helps.

Secondly, we are giving every participant roughly 2 months to come up with a design. This is a lot of time to look over an entry and make any final touches before sending it in. That should be enough time to look for any mistakes or unwanted details. It's only fair that everyone gets the same amount of tries for the same amount of time. You should be comfortable with your design when you decide to send it.

We only allow 1 entry and no edits for those reasons. It's the same as taking an exam; the teacher won't give it back just because you realize the answer to a question you think you got wrong.

Hopefully, this is what you meant! It shouldn't hinder the design process, so hopefully, every participant does well regardless of this rule.

Yeah that's what I meant.
And yeah that makes sense kinda.
Editing somewhat major things seems wrong I can understand that almost.
Good luck with your contest!!