Suggestion: Remove voicebanks from Resources section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Kiyoteru, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Hiyama-sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I feel like having voicebanks in Resources is redundant. We already have the Showcase, which is much better suited for sharing your UTAU anyway. It also distracts from other useful resources. Could someone let me know the reasoning behind having voicebanks there was in the first place?

3. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I agree, it may also be confusing to new users. Plus it is pointless having VBs in resources, the respurce suits more for plugins, reclists, tutorials and etc.

4. Pupuomena

Pupuomena Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Finally someone is saying this, I agree with this one 100%. It's really confusing for me too and... IDK, finding resources could be made better/easier too tho (reorganization??)

Piia, VocAddict, Mougeki Mero and 2 others like this.
  5. partialkakera

partialkakera Floating in a Fragment somewhere. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I agree! I don't really,feel like a voicebank counts as a resource.

Piia, VocAddict, Mougeki Mero and 2 others like this.
  6. _caustic_

_caustic_ Very Gay in a Straight Way Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    i agree, to be honest I never look at voicebanks in the resource section.

7. Shasta

Shasta Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hearing there are voicebanks in the resource area is news to me. Lmao. I never knew they were there. I do agree. Showcases and voicebank resources is pretty redundant..

SOHBlue, VocAddict and Kiyoteru like this.
  8. Milk

Milk [insert catchphrase here] Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't mind it tbh. VB releases are in their own category in the resources section, so they can be easily filtered out when you're looking for specific something. Plus there aren't a whole lot voicebank releases in the section, so it's not like it's flooded with them or anything :P

9. VocAddict

VocAddict Voice Within Us Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I believe people used the Resources as a place for voicebank downloads when the Showcase wasn't available. But since there's Showcase, there's really no point in having a voicebank category in the resources anymore.

Like, if you really want to put your your utau somewhere else than the Showcase, there is the Downloads section (which I also believe is slightly redundant as well).

But I agree, the voicebank category should be removed from the Resources section.

10. heta-tan

heta-tan Genderless Goon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I think the main reason there's a section for voice banks is for appends and such to be connected to the showcase item.
    It is kind of unnecessary but I guess that's what people use instead of making a website or some sort of outside collection of banks for the downloads section in the showcase?

Piia likes this.
  11. _caustic_

_caustic_ Very Gay in a Straight Way Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Yeah but this isn't default and most people don't know that they can do this.

Plus it also artificially increases someone's resource count, something usually related to tutorials and such.

Kiyoteru, VocAddict and Piia like this.