Strange Metallic Demon Note (Fixed)

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Hi all,

I'm extremely new to Utau. So please forgive my lengthy explanation of my problem. I want to give you as much detail as possible, but I'm so not sure which facts are important or not because I'm so new to Utau. So I'm trying to make a UST. I'm not trying to make any particular UST I'm just playing around with Utau and basically making a nonsensical song. I am using the Shuu Marwarine voicebank. To me all my notes sound kind of weird, but there is one particular note that sounds really odd. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's almost like a raspy metallic demon kind of sound. I did Google this problem, but none of the solutions I found applied to me. One was to use the resampler.exe instead of the .dll. I'm already using the resampler.exe. Another was to make sure to re-FRQ the samples I recorded. Which doesn't apply to me because well I'm using someone else's voicebank and not my own. I've also tried to initialize the frequency map and it still sounds like that raspy metallic demon. I'm not sure what I overlooked or what the problem is.

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Did you accidentally use the Edge pitch of the VCV? If I remember correctly, Shuu is a Multi-pitch VCV UTAU.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Hi Kuku Klock,

To be honest I have no idea if I did that. I was just typing in random lyrics. Maybe I did accidentally do this. Is there a way to check the note to see if it is an Edge pitch?

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
You can select just that one note and then go to "Tools (T)" or "ツール (T)" if it's in Japanese. Click the first option and if it's in the Edge one, it'll say that in the column that is farthest to the left or it might have an E somewhere in the alias.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Hi kamonohashi,

This particular note doesn't say it is Edge or have an E in the alias. It does have CVVC in the name and I do that know the Whispered voice is CVVC or that's what I think "CVVC: whispered voice" means. Here's a picture if that would help.

StrangeNote.JPG

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ooooo~
Is the Ust you're using a VCV or a CVVC? cause that could be teh problem as well.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
I'm not using a UST that's already made. I was just trying to make one. I was just typing random syllables. Now that I think about it the whole random syllables thing could be the problem. I didn't have a UST in mind I wanted to make. I was just trying to get a feel for the software and UST making process.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
I figured out my problem. Well I had several issues going on. First was I didn't know that if you double clicked on the note it would play its sound. When I clicked on the note it matched what I was hearing in UTAU. I also didn't understand prefixes and aliases. When I typed in my lyrics I'd type in regular romaji like "ka ki ku ra ri ru" then I'd use the romaji to hiragana converter. I didn't know that the aliases for the whisper tones were just hiragana without a prefix.