Some problems with my bank

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I suspect that it could be the recordings, so I'm currently downloading the voicebank to check them out in more detail.

Reactions: LilyoftheValley

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.27.44 atm.png
Aha, the problem was just as I suspected. This sample is "n-i-n-e-n-o-n". It was recorded with pauses between each mora, rather than continuously, which contributed to a choppy sound.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
As far as I can tell, this is due to the recordings. The "n"s were recorded like vocal fries, so there's a pause of sorts in between the vowel and the n. UTAU can't erase that, so that's causing the choppy effect. If you record the strings with "n" with a smooth transition (such as "iiiinnnn" vs "iiii nnnn" if that makes any sense), it won't do that anymore.
I might have an outdated version of Mi's voicebank (I downloaded it back in April or so), so if you already have recordings like that, use them instead! Sorry if the explanation isn't clear.

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Ah ok thank you! I guess I didn't notice how much I paused in the recording (this was my first VCV) I recorded it around a year ago. I think I'm just going to re-record the entire bank with my new mic to improve the bank as a whole. Thanks for the help!