Other Soho by Emvoice

Discussion in 'Singthesis News' started by SynthJ, Oct 11, 2017.

1. sherbet42

sherbet42 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    "Soho is the consumer version of our engine and is targeted at music producers and creators. Soho is a virtual instrument plugin for producers to allow them to add synthetic vocals to their productions for the first time ever."

Is anyone amused by this or is it just me. If they mean by the company they aren't making it that clear huh.

VocAddict, _caustic_ and kimchi-tan like this.
  2. _caustic_

_caustic_ Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    even vocaloid 2 had a vsti plugin.

3. Info-Chan

Info-Chan SELENA Developer Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Rodolph (whatever his name is, I can't remember it all QnQ) should really come and clear things up

Damien, MillyAqualine and VocAddict like this.
  4. Chianachini

Chianachini Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    That's a very good catch. It's one thing to promote your product using misleading or exaggerated claims, but this is completely false. Emvoice didn't invent the wheel.

I agree, Rodolphe should correct himself.

5. Melomad

Melomad Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    What should the CEO explain??? "Hi yes this is a vsti plugin"???
    Let's wait until the engine is out to see if it's worth it or nah. It's unproductive to tear up a product when it's not even out.

aoi・kurt, Kiyoteru and partial like this.
  6. Damien

Damien Wannabe Worker Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    :<

aoi・kurt likes this.
  7. Info-Chan

Info-Chan SELENA Developer Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You're missing the point.

He should come and clear up misunderstandings, questions, and concerns so that it doesn't seem like they have a white sheet in front of us and won't tell us why. There is 0 transparency from the actual company.

8. Melomad

Trophy Points
    Go ask then your questions then! They wont come on UF.
    Also do you know that almost every company with a new product have 0 transparency? It's to avoid other companies stealing their ideas! Yeah I know! They can't just unveil everything when the project is so new!

9. _caustic_

_caustic_ Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    For most of us it's not about the fact it has no transparency. That's normal.
    It's the fact they are pretending that competition doesn't exist and it's 100% new and amazing technology. ...and they're marketing their product to a nonexistent market.

Really no one gives a damn about transparency, it's about presentation.
    If it's not complete enough to provide more information then they shouldn't of made it public yet.

VocAddict, Kazumi, Kiyoteru and 3 others like this.
  10. RodolpheO

RodolpheO Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hey all,
    Just discovering the debate here so I thought I would give my point of view.
    First, I already apologized to SynthJ because I handled this situation pretty badly. I should at least have consulted him before publishing this letter. His level of training is beyond the point - @ SynthJ like I wrote you, I’m extremely grateful for your work, and your dedication. And I hope I can prove it in the future.

Second… When we say on the website “for the first time ever”, it simply means that producers don’t use vocal synths yet, outside of a relatively small scene. For example, the only example I know in the whole history of mainstream / western pop music is Mike Oldfield, who once used Vocaloid to create backup vocals. Correct me if I’m wrong!

But If you look at everything that has been a hit in EDM / pop / house etc in the last 20 years, there’s no vocal synth at all - not in Daft Punk, Skrillex, Gorillaz or Diplo. And we want to take vocal synthesis to the mainstream, not necessarily in the form of virtual pop stars, but simply in every producer’s toolset.

So that was the point - I agree it’s all pretty clumsy, and I’m still learning to adjust my communication. Thank you all for you support, at least those who don’t hate use yet :-)

PS yes, Julian is based on multipitch (3)

11. partial

partial ☆★VCCV☆★ Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Wow, really cool to see you here! Thanks for the clarification. The article I read beforehand left a bad taste in my mouth but this post has cleared it away.

12. Melomad

Trophy Points
    Since you're here @RodolpheO , when will you show off SOHO in action? (In a video or a demo release)

partial likes this.
  13. RodolpheO

RodolpheO Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Actually we've just started testing the plugin now - we were busy building the engine itself. I hope to be able to show SOHO in action before the end of the year. In the meantime, here is a little additional demo of Julian, singing different words on the same pattern and speaking a little bit. https://clyp.it/vh042yzn#