So I'm new here and I have an issue my new Utau

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
I just recorded her reclist and I'm trying to rig her OTO.ini up but for some reason the OTO.ini file isn't affecting the voice samples. It might be some noob mistake I'm making but I'm really confused. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I need some help with this if anyone will. D:

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Chances are that your computer is misconfigured, depending on where you live. Go to your Regional Settings module, then change the float symbol to a point.

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
I live in the West Coast of the USA, I don't know if that would affect it. Maybe it's because my computer isn't in Japanese Locale currently? But that doesn't affect any other UTAUs I have.

Also I'm unsure what you are talking about when it comes to the Regional Settings and the float symbol. o:

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
Alright, I copied a OTO.ini from another UTAU and it works for some reason. I'm not entirely sure why the first one didn't work. Maybe for some reason having the wav files not in all lowercase is bad?? But it works now. I dunno what the deal was but I'm just glad it works.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Use moresampler for otoing. It can generate a VCV oto for you.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You definitely need to have Japanese locale set on your machine. You'll run into issues without it cause many usts and utau voicebanks are encoded in hiragana. You'll also be more prone to issues in running the program and using various resamplers. Remove your utau bank from the voice folder, uninstall utau, set your locale to Japanese, and reinstall utau (preferably with a new download - sometimes the exe that's been used before will be corrupted from not being initially ran in a Japanese environment).

Reactions: Zoku

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
Well I have UTAU set into English, So is it better for me to use Applocale rather than setting my system to Japanese?

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
Really? I didn't see a download link on the Moresampler website, where might I be able to get this wonderful resampler?
[doublepost=1501706672][/doublepost]Nevermind I found it :3

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
UTAU will stay in English, even if you change your locale to Japanese. Do not use AppLocale, as it can be unreliable and it is not recommended.

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
Seems like a bit of a pain in the booty. o3o It happened when I changed my PCs language to Japanese. So locale, not language pack, I don't really know if I can or if I should download that. If my computer's language turns to Japanese I might have a hard time changing it back xD

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! NO! Don't touch applocale with a 10' pole! It's not supported anymore (it was only meant for XP) and actually makes your machine think it isn't localized regardless (I actually tested it when another user said she had issues and I can confirm - it doesn't work).

Your machine will not suddenly become Japanese where you can't read it. Locale simply makes it so that your machine can run programs that are coded in Unicode (like UTAU - it's coded from a Japanese computer). A few programs may change their interface to match the locale language, but it's easy to change those programs back to English.

These steps assume that you're on a machine with a Windows OS that's newer than Vista:

- Open control panel
- Go to Region (if your view is set to icons; otherwise navigate to it from Clock, Language, and Region)
- In Region, go to Administrative tab
- Change system Locale (should be Japan) if you haven't
- Reboot your machine
- Go to control panel again and in Region, click Additional Settings
- Make sure Decimal actually shows a period (shouldn't have to do this with a US machine, but it doesn't hurt to be extra prepared)
- Uninstall UTAU completely.
- Download a new copy of UTAU from the following site: http://utau2008.xrea.jp/utau0418e-inst.zip - don't keep or reuse the copy you originally downloaded. It's probably corrupted and will render mojibake.
- Attempt to install the new copy of UTAU
- When it's done installing, test Defoko/デフォルト (called uta in the voice folder) by making a note. If you get the hiragana for 'a' (あ) and can play it back without issue (using the default resampler.exe, NOT having resampler.dll checked), then you're good to go and can proceed learning how to work with your own bank.

Reactions: Kiyoteru and Zoku

Mocha444

Momo's Minion
Will do! Thanks for the clear instructions! :3
[doublepost=1501792163,1501790143][/doublepost]Done and done! Defoko works with Hiragana and the Program is in English! Thank you very much for your help!!!