Question /help needed with naming

Ivy!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I had this name in mind for an Utau. However on the wiki there is a character with almost the exact same name (same first name, same first part of last name) but they haven't done anything with this Utau since 2013 that I could find. Would it be considered copying if I used the name I originally wanted to go with?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is there contact information for the creator? You should probably ask them instead of us.

Ivy!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I should have thought of that XD. I think I found a facebook which is designated to the Utau type (called shastaloid) though the specific one hasn't been mentioned since July (though that was a repost of an old thing) and from then some fan art made in 2015. Other than that they've got a deactivated deviantart, so I guess I'll have to try on Facebook

P

partial

I should have thought of that XD. I think I found a facebook which is designated to the Utau type (called shastaloid) though the specific one hasn't been mentioned since July (though that was a repost of an old thing) and from then some fan art made in 2015. Other than that they've got a deactivated deviantart, so I guess I'll have to try on Facebook
You can find @Shasta here on this very forum.

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I was tagged here? Hi. @Ivy!

I'm still an active utau user, I just rebranded a lot between then and now. So, hmu with any questions you may have.

Edit: I have a feeling it's Sora Hoshiko you're referring to. Lots of utaus have names similar to his, and I don't mind if the names are similar or even the same, just as long as there is a distinct difference between the designs. This applies to any of their names, though, if you're referring to anyone with the Utanen/Otone surnames, they're not even used any more. They don't even have the same given names anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: partial

Ivy!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Shasta

It was actually Storm Otone. The design I had in mind for mine is pretty different though. Thanks for answering

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
@Shasta

It was actually Storm Otone. The design I had in mind for mine is pretty different though. Thanks for answering

Oh, wow. That's not what I was expecting. That's not even her name anymore, honestly. It's actually AQUILA now. So go for it.