Project Koe - Multi Gender and Multi Age UTAU?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
So, this is probably weird. But when working on my presentation for UTAU, I decided to present some of the most famous voices. One of them was Yokune Ruko. People were at first surprised that Ruko was a hermaphrodite and kinda confused, but liked the idea that an UTAU provided alternate voices if someone liked the character, but disliked the voice. So i had this Idea:
What if there was an UTAU available with a female and male voice, a young,a teenage and a mature voice?

So I am proposing to create a, well, let's call it a shapeshifting UTAU. An Utau that can change from male to female and vice versa, as well as change from a young age of - lets say 11 - to a teenager of 17 or 18 and to an adult of 26 age.

So that would leave us with 6 different voices and voice providers for ONE Utau. I think the ages should be decided by the voice providers, which leads me to my next point whixh are the voice characteristics.

Okay so i think the young voices should represent young girls and boys respectively. The young girl should have a sweet tone, while the young boy should rather go for a sassy tone. Because lets face the clichés: Young Girls are sweet and nice, while Young Boys are sassy and a bit mean. Not all tho of course heh.

Anyways I think the Teenage Banks should go for something powerful or emotional. Lets face it guys, or rebellous and/or emotional phases were/are in our teenage years. Well for some they are right now.

The Adult voicebanks should of course be mature, and deep. For the male think of Gackpo, for the female Ritsu or Sachiko. YES I KNOW RITSU IS A 6 YEAR OLD BOY BUT HE SOUNDS LIKE A MATURE WOMAN.

This will definitely be a community based project, so i count on the voicers!

Character Details and Design are the next important things here. Okay so the Personality or -ies don't matter that much to me, but whatever we can talk about that once we gather ourselves. The name should be something unisex, but well I thought of 'Koe' - simply meaning voice. So so far, for me the name for this project is 'Project Koe'. The Designs should probably represent the ages well, so for the young voices, maybe something school uniform-ish, for Teenage maybe the same, but more rebellious, and for the Adult...well something mature...wait no not THAT mature.

Anyways I'm hoping that you are all interested in Project Koe, and will help make this UTAU come to live!

If Project Koe actually becomes a thing, stay tuned for more news regarding it!

EDIT: I forgot to add the Voicers for Project Koe//rip.

Young Girl -
Young Boy - Animé Fan
Teen Girl -
Teen Boy - Sors (yep will voice that myself)
Adult Woman -
Adult Man -

Last edited:

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
Though I'm already slated for another project, this sounds interesting and I'd be willing to do the young boy voice. I know, no surprise, huh?

Also, can you give me a specific idea of the voice you're going for, since sassy seems a bit vague?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Though I'm already slated for another project, this sounds interesting and I'd be willing to do the young boy voice. I know, no surprise, huh?

Also, can you give me a specific idea of the voice you're going for, since sassy seems a bit vague?

No surprise at all, but well before giving out specific details, I want to have set voice providers to make a discord group.

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
No surprise at all, but well before giving out specific details, I want to have set voice providers to make a discord group.
My apologies. I just personally prefer voicing boys over girls and I mean that in genuine honesty. :cry: Very well. Let me know of any updates.

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is very interesting, however - don't you think having 6 voice providers for 6 different voices that come from the same character (shapeshifitng or not) may create some dissonance? I mean, that people would not recognize those voices as a part of a one unique character, and rather a separate group of disconected voicebanks?

I know that finding someone who could make 6 different voices is hard - I'm just a bit concerned.

... But I approve this idea! When you will have a more defined idea for the design - hit me up, I might be interested in designing it further.

Reactions: Nohkara

Luc

Teto's Territory
Anyways I think the Teenage Banks should go for something powerful or emotional. Lets face it guys, or rebellous and/or emotional phases were/are in our teenage years. Well for some they are right now.

Character Details and Design are the next important things here. Okay so the Personality or -ies don't matter that much to me, but whatever we can talk about that once we gather ourselves. The name should be something unisex, but well I thought of 'Koe' - simply meaning voice. So so far, for me the name for this project is 'Project Koe'. The Designs should probably represent the ages well, so for the young voices, maybe something school uniform-ish, for Teenage maybe the same, but more rebellious, and for the Adult...well something mature...wait no not THAT mature.

-

I could try teen female but it'd be kinda soft (I can try to do sassy female vocals for her)

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So, this is probably weird. But when working on my presentation for UTAU, I decided to present some of the most famous voices. One of them was Yokune Ruko. People were at first surprised that Ruko was a hermaphrodite and kinda confused, but liked the idea that an UTAU provided alternate voices if someone liked the character, but disliked the voice. So i had this Idea:
What if there was an UTAU available with a female and male voice, a young,a teenage and a mature voice?

So I am proposing to create a, well, let's call it a shapeshifting UTAU. An Utau that can change from male to female and vice versa, as well as change from a young age of - lets say 11 - to a teenager of 17 or 18 and to an adult of 26 age.

So that would leave us with 6 different voices and voice providers for ONE Utau. I think the ages should be decided by the voice providers, which leads me to my next point whixh are the voice characteristics.

Okay so i think the young voices should represent young girls and boys respectively. The young girl should have a sweet tone, while the young boy should rather go for a sassy tone. Because lets face the clichés: Young Girls are sweet and nice, while Young Boys are sassy and a bit mean. Not all tho of course heh.

The Adult voicebanks should of course be mature, and deep. For the male think of Gackpo, for the female Ritsu or Sachiko. YES I KNOW RITSU IS A 6 YEAR OLD BOY BUT HE SOUNDS LIKE A MATURE WOMAN.

This will definitely be a community based project, so i count on the voicers!

Anyways I'm hoping that you are all interested in Project Koe, and will help make this UTAU come to live!

If Project Koe actually becomes a thing, stay tuned for more news regarding it!

EDIT: I forgot to add the Voicers for Project Koe//rip.

Young Girl -
Young Boy - Animé Fan
Teen Girl -
Teen Boy - Sors (yep will voice that myself)
Adult Woman -
Adult Man -
I know this could be really obvious orsomething like... but the I don't know... the voices belong to one UTAU, but 6 people... so you have to choose people who
1) Can have some same characteristics (or can do effort to have), like pronounciation
2) I don't know for the timber difference, because if they are toooooooooooooo much different, they can be really different one from one
3) CV? VCV?