Problems with Namine Ritsu KIRE

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I tried to use his KIRE vb with a VCV UST.
But when i click play a japanese message comes up and it won't allow me to play it(I'm using the english patch so i guess whoever made the patch forgot to translate it. Obviously idk japanese lmaaaooo)
I've tried this with other VCV USTs and this pops up too?
I looked into his voicebank settings and at the aliases and most of them had C5 in it so i typed a C5 next to a note and he did sing it but he sang only the last half of the vowel and it sounded super weird too?? I also typed in C5 to another note but he didn't sing that one.
What am I doing wrong?? I really wanna use his KIRE voicebank it's so good ('-')
I don't have this issue with the other vb such as the normal ren vb and strong vb. However sometimes i also have this problem with the tan voicebank. I think that's what its called right? I somehow downloaded two Normal Ritsu vbs but one's file is named tan and the other is called ren. tan sounds more mellow and less metallic but sometimes it has the same issue as KIRE. Anyone else have this issue? help T-T
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 14.28.46.png

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The message says "There are no notes that can be rendered". (What translation are you using? It's translated on my end. Here's an up-to-date one: http://utaforum.net/threads/new-utau-synth-translation-project.11202/ ) So long as the notes in the UST match the type of aliasing, it should work fine. UTAU-Synth occassionally has problems with the version/encoding of USTs, but that happens more when you're editing and saving your own USTs rather than opening other people's.

Because Kire is a multipitch bank, it requires a prefix map to function properly, which should have converted fine. Though, just to double check, you can look at it to see if it's been set. Open the OTO and click on the little "M" button fer prefix map. If the keys have appropriate suffixes, it should use the pitches normally. If I recall correctly, though, Ritsu Kire has a default pitch without a suffix, so it should be working fine even if the prefix map wasn't set.

(Also, "ren" probably refers to renzokuon, or VCV, and "tan" probably means "tandokuon" or CV.)

Reactions: m170

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I assume you are using UTAU-synth? If so, try checking the file "prefix.map" and remove the "."
If you are using default UTAU, try checking if the file "prefix.map" isn't corrupted or missing.

Also, about Ritsu singing only half of the vowel it's probably because you first need to match the UST's preutterance and opening, like this: http://utaforum.net/resources/fitting-a-premade-ust-to-the-voicebank.59/

EDIT: About the prefixmap, Kiyoteru's reply is much more detailed than mine XD

Reactions: m170 and Kiyoteru

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The message says "There are no notes that can be rendered". (What translation are you using? It's translated on my end. Here's an up-to-date one: http://utaforum.net/threads/new-utau-synth-translation-project.11202/ ) So long as the notes in the UST match the type of aliasing, it should work fine. UTAU-Synth occassionally has problems with the version/encoding of USTs, but that happens more when you're editing and saving your own USTs rather than opening other people's.

Because Kire is a multipitch bank, it requires a prefix map to function properly, which should have converted fine. Though, just to double check, you can look at it to see if it's been set. Open the OTO and click on the little "M" button fer prefix map. If the keys have appropriate suffixes, it should use the pitches normally. If I recall correctly, though, Ritsu Kire has a default pitch without a suffix, so it should be working fine even if the prefix map wasn't set.

(Also, "ren" probably refers to renzokuon, or VCV, and "tan" probably means "tandokuon" or CV.)

thank you so much n u remembered that i use synth this is too much i will give u my kidneys i am forever thankful
[doublepost=1497579775][/doublepost]
I assume you are using UTAU-synth? If so, try checking the file "prefix.map" and remove the "."
If you are using default UTAU, try checking if the file "prefix.map" isn't corrupted or missing.

Also, about Ritsu singing only half of the vowel it's probably because you first need to match the UST's preutterance and opening, like this: http://utaforum.net/resources/fitting-a-premade-ust-to-the-voicebank.59/

thank you so much waaaaaaaa I'm such a noob at UTAU lol
[doublepost=1497581574,1497579652][/doublepost]

EDIT: fickle pickle i redownloaded ritsu and opened the prefix map and all the arrows are gone uh oh r.i.p me

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
EDIT: fickle pickle i redownloaded ritsu and opened the prefix map and all the arrows are gone uh oh r.i.p me
Did you also try removing the "."? Oh, also check if the prefixmap is encoded in UTF-8 by opening it on Mac's TextEdit...
Since I am not a mac user I can't help much more, sorry :sad:

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Did you also try removing the "."? Oh, also check if the prefixmap is encoded in UTF-8 by opening it on Mac's TextEdit...
Since I am not a mac user I can't help much more, sorry :sad:

Sorry, i don't know about the "." you were talking about though. theres nothing there. i also don't know what happened, i tried reinstalling the vb but then when i went to the prefix map i see this and the arrows that were previously there are all gone.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 21.34.32.png
[doublepost=1497589401][/doublepost]

crap sorry to bother u again kiyoteru but?? I'm confused now
when i download the vb it automatically goes from zip to a folder
and also when i went to the voicebank settings for ritsu, for some reason all of the audio files are gone but the aliases n stuff are there
then if i click the A button some audio files appear but aliases turn blank and audio files aren't oto'd
prefix map also became blank but arrows appear after i click the A button

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Looks like you've accidentally deleted the OTO and prefix map. When it "automatically turns from zip to folder", are you accidentally clicking on it when it finishes downloading?

Also, do try to avoid double posting like that. If you need to quote multiple people, you can simply click the reply button in the corner of the post you need to quote while you're still writing. It won't delete what you've already written.

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Looks like you've accidentally deleted the OTO and prefix map. When it "automatically turns from zip to folder", are you accidentally clicking on it when it finishes downloading?

Also, do try to avoid double posting like that. If you need to quote multiple people, you can simply click the reply button in the corner of the post you need to quote while you're still writing. It won't delete what you've already written.

double posting.....? uhhhh okay I'm rlly sorry lol idk how that works but i promise ill figure that out later lmao but right now I'm so frustrated about ritsu.
i don't get it, i can download her regular and strong vb.'s just fine but when i download ritsu, that happens. Oh, and i don't click it or anything when i download it, it just automatically goes from a zip to a folder, i never even clicked it before it became a folder on its own,i don't even get a chance to put it through Unarchiver :'(
i've tried redownloading ritsu many times i deleted it many times before reinstalling, but the audio clips are always missing and the prefix map is blank, and i don't know how i could've accidentally deleted them, since all i did right after installing it was go to voicebank settings. i don't think i pressed anything and this has happened every time.
this whole thread has been really tedious, sorry about that, i understand if you're starting to get annoyed with me. i'm stupid -.-

Reactions: Kiyoteru