Resolved "Plural UTAU" filter has the potential to break links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
The "plural UTAU" filter put in place which removes the s from the end of UTAU if added has the potential to break Soundcloud links. On top of the obvious, if a title for a track contains "UTAU's" then, in the URL, the apostrophe gets removed. You could argue that the swear filters would break links too, and that'd be correct, but it's MUCH less likely to find those words in the URLs or titles of Soundcloud tracks, except for in, say, the titles of Soundclown tracks, but people generally don't post those on here, so that's not much of an issue.

On top of this, I'd also like to mention that it looks like this filter might sometimes cause some confusion as to whether someone meant one UTAU voicebank or multiple. These are the "similar threads" I was shown while writing this post:
ss (2017-02-28 at 06.42.30).png

Last edited:

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
test:

Code:
https://soundcloud.com/zokun/aaawav-utaus

As you can see, the original link in the code is edited, and the soundcloud link doesn't show up.

This is such a horrible thing to enforce in such a way. There is no reason to have this filter to silence people's preferences over an unofficial plural form of a noun.

Status
Not open for further replies.