Nonbinary UTAUloids?

kiUttie

Teto's Territory
I've been working on a trio of UTAU that are agender. They're actually supposed to be like ghosts and such too

SpanishPandaHero

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
6 of my UTAUs are non-binary: ANUBIS (Agender), GASUTO (Agender), GUAU (Bigender), Riki Sixton (Genderfluid), Koru Fivet (demi-guy) and Kori Twelves (Demi-girl)
(There's also Haruka Eights which gender is "questioning")

Talentless-kun

Momo's Minion
If we want to be super technical some popular viploids can be considered genderqueer.

As stated awhile ago, the most obvious example would be Ruko who is "10% female and 90% male".

Ritsu is technically not mtf transgender (I hoped I used that correctly. I'm referring to someone who's sex is male but identifies their gender as female). Ritsu's gender is officially listed as "Okama". Okama is normally used to refer to effeminate gay man, and is a lot closer to being a drag queen than a male that identifies as female (Haruhi's dad in Ouran is a good example for someone who identifies as an okama). So in a way Ritsu's gender is neither straight up female nor "male that that identifies as female", Ritsu's gender is literally drag queen.

Teto's gender is also technically not female. Teto's gender is listed as chimera.

Viploids were of course created to troll people, with a lot of the information in their character profiles being intentionally dumb, so its really up to you whenever to take the listed genders as serious or not.

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh this is a pretty cool thread! It's nice to see actual genuine characters being made with non-binary genders being taken seriously rather than used for joke fodder or to "troll" people -looks at the original vipper concepts haha- Intersex and gender non-conforming isn't something to.. use as a joke lmao.
That being said! ASTERION is listed as not having a set gender. Very nice voice!
Rei Allen Yurene is a male-identifying intersex character. Also a really pretty voice!
My Adrian is genderfluid androgyne with ambiguous sex origins.
Hmmm I feel like there's so many more I've seen around that I can't recall now ahh I'd love to know about more. :smile:

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Our technically-released-but-going-through-a-revamp utau JIYUN is genderfluid, with a male-provided voice. Sex characteristics are a mystery.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I listed AWG's gender as "eggplant" which can be taken to mean "agender" since he's... well, a plant. He was originally meant to be male but happy accidents happened. (Flexible vocal range, etc.)

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I've got Toshiko Asami, who is a dmab agendered person. They look pretty androgynous, though leaning more on the feminine side of things [mostly because their favourite colour is pink].

Their previous VBs have all been relatively feminine sounding but with the ability to be used in a lower range. Their Act IV, however, will focus on being more neutral.

bold0727

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Gold.png
This one is a robot thing. Really has no gender preference.

Silver.png <- This retired UTAU won't go away >=(

Last edited:
Reactions: bio

Roenais

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My first and main UTAU, Eka, is agender, and somehow this thread has gotten me wanting to work on them more now ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Reactions: adriann

Monstroloid

Momo's Minion
My sea monster UTAU, Ralein Ssen, is intersex, but he presents himself in a more masculine way (of course, all the "males" of his species are like this, it's kinda complicated ouo;; ). Haimon Ashbury, my vampire, is probably questioning at this point, but he loves makeup and dresses.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
While I don't typically point this out due to not being dreadfully concerned with the characterization of my UTAU, the actual characters of Halt Tanner and Soledi Renje are both nonbinary. Halt is afab bigender (prefers she/her pronouns, though she does occasionally choose to present as masculine at which point he/him is preferable) and Soledi is afab demigirl, if not full-out agender, and she doesn't really give a butt about her pronouns. (Bari, the third of my core trio, is pretty simply cismale.)

I also help with/manage my sibling's amab (err, well, they're a demon, so they can actually change sex too) genderfluid UTAU, BLACK, whose voice is androgynous -- at about g+6 they're considered female, and at about g-6 they're considered male. At g0, they're neutral-gendered. Shiny. I have... really got to finish their oto one day...

Being nonbinary myself, I sort of end up making a lot of nonbinary characters... orz.

Last edited:
Reactions: adriann and partial

Rudje

Momo's Minion
CHROMA is agender, and their neutral design is a humanoid that mixes secondary traits of both male and female.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My own UTAU Jackerline would fit the category of no gender at all, since its a robot ._.
it's just a vessel with no sexual bodyparts at all. It doesn't even have a star lol.

But for my UTAU Stjerne there also is a robot is he a male. Technical a cyborg - but he doesn't know lol.

K

Kassandra

@Milly: Ankoku identifies as cis since she's almost 100% female, she just has a penis as well as vagina and her voice can become masculine (like the male bank she has). She's technically intersexed/futa/hermaphrodite like Ruko, but she doesn't see herself as male in any way.