New VocalSynth - VoiceText

SynthJ

Your average guy
Defender of Defoko
Hey all! Just discovered a new Vocal Synth program- its adorable and lovely...with a strong resemblance to CeVIO. It can talk and sing! Many talk voices available I think, but only this one voicebank named Hikari seems to be able to sing. I can't translate the Japanese on this webpage, so if anyone wants to provide more information below feel free!!

Here's Hikari's singing demo ! -

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
I saw this just two weeks ago with a friend and we were trying to see if it's publicly available lol.

It appears to be a commercial text to speech/sing program for companies at the moment. Like, for the automated telephone services, commercials and stuff like that.

The software is pretty great, but it doesn't seem like we'll have access to it for a while.

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The website is here.
Much of the text are actually just PNG images so I can't use Google Translate to get the just of it, but here's what I've gathered.
Not 100% sure if Hikari is available to the public. When you go to the VoiceText main website, this page states that VoiceText is not a commercial product, but a tool to be sold to companies for whatever purpose. There is, however, a few products using this software that they sell, but none that are the base VoiceText product.
I can't say if this extends to Hikari and the other characters listed on the page linked above, I could sort of see the company trying to cash in on the popularity of Cevio and Voiceroid, but I'm honestly not sure.
I can't translate the character bios, but from left to right, their names are: Hikari, Takeru, DJ Shogo, Hina, Kouta, Ema, Tsuna, Show, Kanna, & Nou.
There is also a sort of voiced acted comic linked to these characters that uses their voicebanks, called "On Air", which can be listened to here.
Other than that, if you scroll to the bottom of the page (Or click the Concept button on the left) you can demo Hikari's talk voicebanks (She currently has 4) using an in-browser TTS module.
I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Reactions: VocAddict

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
I was able to translate their FAQ (which I haven't noticed until now).

Q: How much is the price?
A: VoiceText series is a product to be offered for business use and development under license agreement with our company. We estimate the price according to purpose of use and scale of introduction. Please inquire details.

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: VoiceText series is based on direct selling from our company, we do not make marketing from shop front or online. Please contact us in advance if you wish to procure via a trading company / agency.

Q: I would like to use it for personal use, but what should I do?
A: The product named "VoiceText" that we sell from our company is sold only for companies such as corporations and organizations. Since there are commercially available personal computer software, smartphone application, etc which licenses readout technology from our company, we will introduce it on this page.

So, it appears be only available for corporate customers (that is the text to speech program: VoiceText) but nothing on Hikari (maybe she's the singing bank for the software)

Here's the company product page: http://voicetext.jp/products/ and companies that have used their software (again, the text to speech): http://voicetext.jp/case/

For personal use, there are some stuff here but it is text to speech as well.

EDIT

Going through the voice actor page again, the text to sing feature of VoiceText seems to be something new they are working on and Hikari appears to be the first singing database for the software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nohkara and Milk

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Cevio uses HMM, anyone can obtain the tools. So technically any cone or company can make an HMM-based singing synthesis software.
Just usually we don't see english because it's gross sounding ;D

Don't be too surprised if even more of these pop up.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
IT sounds really nice and I love Hikari's tone, it's round, bright and smooth~

Too bad it doesn't seem much to be like easier-to-get programs, but it's still a pretty much nice and interesting addition to the wide synth family

Edit : Oh wait, no wonder it seemed familiar to me, actually I4ve seen about this one a little while ago while searching on synths... I just realized when I saw the British-American, the Spanish and the French voices..... o_o * Oops, I feeel so ashamed right now OMG OTL""' ;;;

Last edited:

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I listened to Ema's samples, and her English is really understandable and clear, but it's really choppy. They all sound great though! I'm a big fan of Ema and Hina right now.