My inevitable VCV "hiccup"?

P

partial

I'm not near a decent microphone, so I'll do my best to describe it.

Y'know when you're working on a UST and forget to hit P2P3 on a certain note? And so your transition is really noticeable? Well, every time I ever try to record a VCV bank, I get that in a few transitions.

For example, [- か] [a か] could flow well, but then something like [- ば] [ a か] will not, no matter what I do.

That's why I record CVVC, since I don't get this problem.

What exactly causes it? Because it has happened to every VCV test bank I've ever made, but no one else seems to have this problem..... Is it uneven volume? Weird pitch? It happens even with mod0 and all.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I know the feeling. CVVC seem so much easier to keep track of tone and pitch.

As for a solution, use oremo's guide bgm feature, set f0 on, set the target sone to the pitch you want to record show, and also set the show power on. That should make it easier to see if your samples are a different pitch and volume than the others. Just keep in mind going off a little from the pitch line is ok (1-2 pitches), it's not noticable.

Another thing would be listening to the samples while you record to see if you're pronouncing the sounds slightly different (for me I tend to somehow move from "a" to a "æ"-ish "a").
That all I know for making sure the samples are a-ok. :wink:

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
As for a solution, use oremo's guide bgm feature, set f0 on, set the target sone to the pitch you want to record show, and also set the show power on. That should make it easier to see if your samples are a different pitch and volume than the others.

Basically this.

P

partial

I've tried displaying the pitches in oremo, but it never shows anything

P

partial

Well, I mean, a box does open up, but when and after recording, it's still empty. Does that mean I'm not on the target pitch?

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
setParam-english.png
When F0 and Power options are selected to show (the bottom sections in the picture), once you record anything, it will show up and look something like this.