Marketplaces, Economies & More: Pre-Launch Update

One of the major features we did PayPal fundraising for post-launch was the Credits Premium plugin. The plugin allowed me to introduce the dual currency system that we have had for the last month but until today there was never anything to spend these currencies on. I would like to introduce to you UtaForum's two marketplaces where you can put those hard earned UtaBucks and Tokens to use.

With the installation of Store Framework we now have the UtaShop where you can buy various upgrades to your account using UtaBucks. Currently there are only temporary user permissions for changing your user name, user title, and birthday but in the future, once I have a better gauge on the UtaBuck economy I will be introducing limited edition cosmetic upgrades for accounts and more.

With one market place for UtaBucks I decided to open a second one for Tokens. While the Style Voting System will always be the primary use for Voting Tokens I also wanted it to be a secondary currency for commissions within the context of our community. To encourage this I have revamped the UtaSwap section entirely, porting over threads to the new system and depreciating the old Commissions subforum.

In order to revamp the UtaSwap section I dipped into our warchest and licensed the Multi-Prefix plugin. This plugin allows us to assign multiple prefixes to threads and combined with the free Prefix Forum Listing plugin it allows users to quickly and easily tag, filter, and find UtaSwap threads relevant to them. UtaForum members (mostly me) are already offering services in exchange for Tokens.

Going forward I would love to see how the UtaForum economy develops. If you can't support UtaForum directly, you should consider adding Tokens as a commission currency and exchanging services for Tokens. Direct purchases help fund UtaForum's continued development and anyone that earns Tokens for free via Exchange or Events has a positive impact on the community and are the kind of people you want to help.

For those of you interested in using the UtaSwap section do note the subforum rules have been recently revised.
Threads must be bumped or updated by the original poster every 60 days or the thread will be prefixed "inactive" by the mods. This helps keeps our results relevant and UtaSwap useful. Also while most of the active threads from the Commissions board were ported to the new system a lot of the older threads have been archived. If you would like to have your old thread rescued and moved to the new system please private message me.

Special thanks to @Uchuu @teifuani @IrisFlower & @McCloud whose contributions made it possible for us to get a lifetime licence of Credits Premium and thus made the above market systems.

Note: We are currently fundraising for the following plugins. You can now buy Tokens directly through XenForo and immediately credited to your account on this page. For a limited time, anyone who purchases Tokens before our launch on Nov. 1 will receive a lifetime "Supporter" account upgrade (a $10 value) FREE! Promotional Supporter account upgrades are manually processed. Please allow up to 48 hours for delivery. All previous backers will receive this upgrade free.

Last edited:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Whooooaa~!! This is all so coool~!! Look at all these new awesome things holy cow! -rolls all over the new UtaSwap section- Look at all those tags and buttons and stuff wowee it's all so snazzy~

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So far I see 18 threads that have been converted from the old Commissions subforum, will more be converted or should any older threads be remade?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So far I see 18 threads that have been converted from the old Commissions subforum, will more be converted or should any older threads be remade?

The older threads did not get converted because they were very old and would have been flagged "Inactive" anyways.

You can create a new thread as the old threads do not count toward your 1/2 UtaSwap thread max.

That being said if you want your old thread converted feel free to contact me.