Korean VB: CV, CVVC, VCV or VCCV?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok, so... I'm kinda interested to in try make one but I'm not sure that should I start with CV, CVVC, VCV or VCCV?

I've heard VCV korean tho I'm not sure how big it is compared to Japanese (I've heard that Chinese VCV is about 10~12 times bigger to record than Japanese *cough* so...).

If Korean VCV it is not over 3-4 times bigger than Japanese VCV (or bigger that Spanish VCV) to record then I might try it... ^v^; Um, well: Because VCV sounds less choppy usually

CVVC or CV is of course "safest" option but IDK... I've heard VCCV Korean from Soundcloud which is pretty good actually BUT I don't know how to oto/record/read VCCV, mmmm... so... :'D (I know how to oto CV, CVVC and VCV but not VCCV... Reading VCCV is kinda confusing, way more than other reclists! at least for me)

What do you think that would be best start? :sing:

Also, if you're Korean reclist/voicebank expert, fell free to link/recommend someone's reclist. It would help a lot!

PeyPeytonton

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
CVVC Korean is the best bet because it's probably the shortest and easiest to record, oto, and use and it would sound just as smooth as VCV.

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
CVVC Korean is the best bet because it's probably the shortest and easiest to record, oto, and use and it would sound just as smooth as VCV.
Yeah, specially if it's stringed "Japanese CVVC" kind of method. :v Uh, wait... Does Korean has some ending consonants (other than n/m/ng)? If so, that makes it little more complicated. I guess

PeyPeytonton

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ye
Yeah, specially if it's stringed "Japanese CVVC" kind of method. :v Uh, wait... Does Korean has some ending consonants (other than n/m/ng)? If so, that makes it little more complicated. I guess
Yes, Korean has a few VCs but they're not really endings, as they sound similar to glottal stops. Don't quote me on that, though. I don't know for sure. xD

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know that a user on here has made a Korean "VCCV" list (to be honest, VCCV is just another variation of CVVC) that seems to be alright.
As long as it's a quality list and good oto then both VCV and CVVC should give you good results.

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know that a user on here has made a Korean "VCCV" list (to be honest, VCCV is just another variation of CVVC) that seems to be alright.
As long as it's a quality list and good oto then both VCV and CVVC should give you good results.
Ok, thanks!

I try look up first a good VCV reclist somewhere first........ It's bit hard to find reclist for Korean tho :sing:

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My first attempt at Korean was CVVC so is is easiest to start with, and sounds better than just CV.
Though if you are really worried you should start with CV and get the feel of the sound :smile:

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I decided to go with Korean CVVC~~~

Thanks for replying guys : 3

Ronnie <UniverseJuice>

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm also willing to let you use my newer and MUCH BETTER korean cvvc reclist that hasn't been released yet. But my new reclist has a total of about 1230 sounds to oto, if you want a reference of size.
You can send it to me when it's ready : 3