I Think Someone Needs Help

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I think this is a bit too dark for the community, but I don't know where else to go anymore and I can't blab about this on Twitter.

I'm really active on my personal Facebook account, and I see a lot of my friends' posts. But recently, I've seen someone who's been posting some really creepy and depressing things, like showing his cutting scars (they're two small little ones, but they could get worse I feel if he keeps up with it)
And for me, the most disturbing one is when he commented: "To every problem, God made a solution :smile: ", showing a picture of him holding a knife to his neck.
I'm really disturbed and bothered. This is just someone with mutual friends, so I don't know him very well.

Please help.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Some tips I have for you:
  1. Don't be afraid to speak up, if you see something, act up and say something
  2. Respond quickly
  3. Offer help and support in some form, give them good resources so they can get professional help
  4. Take it seriously, better to be safe than sorry
  5. You don't need to ask for details, be sympathetic and caring, let this person know you care. Don't argue or acted shocked, try to be very calm but matter of fact.
Here's a few options I could think of off the top of my head:
  1. Talk to him through messenger, something along the lines of "Hey, I saw your recent posts. I'm a little worried about you, are you okay?"
  2. Tell a mutual friend about you concerns and ask them to talk to said person. This mutual friend might know him better than you do and it might be easier for him to seek help from a friend rather than someone he doesn't know as well
  3. Get a figure of authority involved if need be, whether it be a teacher, school administrator, suicide hotline,

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Some tips I have for you:
  1. Don't be afraid to speak up, if you see something, act up and say something
  2. Respond quickly
  3. Offer help and support in some form, give them good resources so they can get professional help
  4. Take it seriously, better to be safe than sorry
  5. You don't need to ask for details, be sympathetic and caring, let this person know you care. Don't argue or acted shocked, try to be very calm but matter of fact.
Here's a few options I could think of off the top of my head:
  1. Talk to him through messenger, something along the lines of "Hey, I saw your recent posts. I'm a little worried about you, are you okay?"
  2. Tell a mutual friend about you concerns and ask them to talk to said person. This mutual friend might know him better than you do and it might be easier for him to seek help from a friend rather than someone he doesn't know as well
  3. Get a figure of authority involved if need be, whether it be a teacher, school administrator, suicide hotline,
Thank you so much, @heta-tan~! I really appreciate your response. I've asked a friend of his if he's joking and he Said's he's joking about his depression. They said to leave him alone though... So I might do that. Probably soon enough when I muster the courage (which would definitely be a few minutes from now hahaha) ill pop in a message to him saying I'm concerned. And again, thanks so much~! :'3

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thank you so much, @heta-tan~! I really appreciate your response. I've asked a friend of his if he's joking and he Said's he's joking about his depression. They said to leave him alone though... So I might do that. Probably soon enough when I muster the courage (which would definitely be a few minutes from now hahaha) ill pop in a message to him saying I'm concerned. And again, thanks so much~! :'3
Wow, OMG, so someone is making a joke of depression, huh? That's just... Not cool (I can't understand people who jokes about very serious things)

Reactions: Piia

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Wow, OMG, so someone is making a joke of depression, huh? That's just... Not cool (I can't understand people who jokes about very serious things)
Well, he's actually depressed, he said, but he jokes about it (like he makes fun of his own depression). And I agree, its really unfunny and mean~! >:sad:
I kinda got mad and ranted to my friend about it and she said to leave him alone. So that's what I'm doing; I don't want more toxic people around me hahaha [•3•] But I told him that if there's anything he wants to say I'm glad to listen
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my former issue~! :3

Reactions: Nohkara