How do you feel about the first voicebank you made?

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
My first voicebank was recorded without a stable pitch, worse than being drunk, and without cutting part of the consonants... nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnothing compared to what I have nnnnnnnnnnow, fortunately.

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Disappointment. I was trying to make a Turkish UTAU, I was so sure I was the first for attempting such a thing. Laptop's built-in microphone, Audacity, and everything nice *cough*. In Turkish,we have this letter "Ç", pronounced "che" when It's written alone. Everything was going according to the plan until "Ç", which UTAU either didn't recognize or distorted. For a 12-year old, I can say I had a lot of determination but I couldn't do anything about it, dropped it with a disappointment. I had a demonstration video that demonstrated her in a Solfège-esque style, but a friend at time didn'y even believe it was an UTAU.

Do you plan a reclist for it these days? :D

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My first UTAU wasn't really voiced by me and yet voiced by me - long explanation short - I differ my voice from my art // shoot

Anyway, I think mine did go quite well. Only a CV Voicebank on regurlar japanese - so no big problems really. The only thing was the oto.ini which another company made for me. My Non-binary gender robot person made it quite well and people kinda love it.
It kinda sounds like the vocaloids Len and Oliver mixed together and also mixed together with the UTAU SPIKE!

???
So I guess I came OK out of it.

K

Kassandra

My first bank...oh man, ok, 2011. I thought at the time it was one of the best utaus because when you just searched up "utau" back then you got some really nasty banks, like, so bad you couldn't make out anything it was even trying to sing. I used a built in laptop mic with that shitty american accent, pronunciation, r sounds...it's name was "Machete" cuz I was edgy af (still am, but not as bad lol).

Um, yeah so I regret making it and I'm glad I lost it years ago.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I dont hate it but i dont love it either i was too shy to record confidently and she was recorded on my old cracked iphone4 in my parents closet so she came out a bit eh but her voice grew on me
here is the last cover in which i used her original vb shes obvi cv lmao

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
The cover art is my reaction:

Okay, here's how she truly sounds like:

I wanted to see how my voice would sound like in UTAU (voice acted of course) to find out whether or not I can achieve the kind of voice that I wanted. Despite the terrible output, I was satisfied in how it sounded.

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I wanna burn it with fire, dump it into the core of the earth and explode it.
there were so Many things wrong with Kurayami's first CV. First, she was recorded in Stereo. Secondly, she was recorded with a hanging choir mic...and lastly...*shudders* those american vowels and r's. Did I mention that an oto didn't exist?

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
People are saying that their UTAU's r's were really bad, but Noke V2's r's are worse than her first voicebank because I recorded them as,"ara," "ari," and so on.
Here's my first UTAU cover.
Get ready for cringes.

Her newest voicebank is much smoother, more powerful, and her vowels are more consistent.

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
This isn't the first vb I've made but the second? I do recall that this vb was for another old utau of mine in 2010(?)

This thread brought me back to that Nitton and now I'm sitting here
kinda stunned xD

twerkingcoyotes

Teto's Territory

LMAO that was my first voicebank ever. Eh, I honestly felt pretty proud of it back in the day. Exile Waf act1 was recorded with my laptop's mic and the quality wasn't astounding in any sense :^) but y'know, I still feel proud of it up to this day. If it wasn't because of that voicebank I would've never felt motivated to improve my utauloid and keep going. We can all laugh and make fun of our old voicebanks but that's were we started regardless.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
If I consider the now released Sora as my first VB, I think it's okay and the positive feedback has surprised me...

...buuuut if I look back at my first attempt made back in october? I CRINGE. I used my freakin laptop mic to record...now for the rerecord I used my headset mic, but it's better quality than my laptop mic...that's for sure...

Reactions: ExistenceReaper

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
cringed. i couldn't oto saisei (earlier known as sais) back in 2011, and she felt inconsistent to what i wanted back then. like her design felt off to me and i couldn't figure out why, even when i redid her vb in 2013.

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
The first UTAU I ever made? That would be way back in 2011, when I was pressured into starting with making it, who was female and had samples too loud. I personally regretted making that UTAU, due to it bring made out of peer pressure.

-------------------------

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I felt pretty accomplished that I made a voicebank for the first time to be honest :uhuhu:but I was 14 at the time.

Found this old relic from my old friend's youtube channel. Pronunciation was hard and terrible, I thought any mic would be just fine, I didn't know what otoing was, it feels nostalgic thinking back the first time I used utau. Not to forget that her voice did sound generic.

Reactions: Milk
P

partial

The first voicebank I made was just a plain old, badly oto'd cv. Recorded with a built in laptop mic. Lol. Thank god I never released him.

I've tried recording vcv, but it didn't go well for me because to be honest, i am not great at making sure all my recordings are the exact same pitch, so I always got awkward transitions during vowels (things like [か] [a か], I could always hear that a overlap).

So vcv is super discouraging to me, and I am so thankful for cvvc.

As for my first released voicebank, I'm happy. I used a blue yeti for him and released him with Japanese and English. Plus, my art is soooo much better than it was when I first found utau. I can't imagine the shame I'd feel today had I released something back then.

Parapa-kun

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My first CV was totally awful heh xD I didn' know how to oto, didn't know how to pronounce and back then I used to be kinda ashamed of my voice, so Yuii used to sound like a boy trying to sound feminine lol
Thats why I say that after his first VCV, when I met AnyColor and he helped me feeling secure with my voice, Yuii hited puberty cause it was a drastic change on his voice xD

Reactions: partial

Zephyr

Glitter and Death
Defender of Defoko
It was awful- i cut off the consonants for some reason in audacity. I think i was just cutting off the times when i overloaded the mic. Which was often. I also had this gross nasally voice going on? Maybe that was just my voice back then when I was young.
I didn't mispronounce any sample really- i was just too close to the mic.
Oddly I knew how to oto since the start. So it had an actual ok oto to begin with. I just messed up with the recording.

Kitteh

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
ah first my first bank was a MESS LOL. at the time i was like "OMG THIS IS SO GOOD I LOVE IT!!!!" and now i go back to listen and im like :smile: please get this away from me. like just the quality of the mic and all of the things i would pronounce wrong... its so CRINGE :ehhh:

Reactions: LilyoftheValley