How do I make Lizett sing in English?

Liiki

Momo's Minion
Hi!

First off, I'm pretty much new to Utau and I just registered here so I can ask for advice. I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in my post, English isn't my native language.

So I have a song we wrote in school for a project, and I thought it would be a cool idea to turn it into an Utauloid song since 3/4 of our group are watching anime and know Vocaloid. I started searching an English Utauloid I liked and ended up choosing Lizett.

So here's what I've done after that:
I made a piano sheet in MuseScore including only the right hand, the melody which Lizett was supposed to sing later, and exported it as a Midi.
Then I imported the Midi File into Utau, chose the only available track called "1:" and the melody showed up. Since I didn't type in Lyrics in yet there were just question marks.
After I downloaded the CV VC English version of Lizett, I clicked on Tools>Options>Bank Registr. (or something like that) and chose one of the wav files in the extracted folder of Lizett's voicebank.
Then I chose the voicebank in the Project Properties.

I already knew that you couldn't just put in the 'normal' lyrics into the field after 'Lyric', so I started searching but I couldn't find anything. I ended up spending the whole day looking for a better solution then just listening through every file.
I found out that every English voice banks uses an own kind of...whatever you call it, I'll just call it code. So if one voicebank uses 'E' for the e like in 'feet', the other one could use it for the e in 'bed'. But there's supposed to be some sort of 'standart', but I still don't know how it works.
I also found plugins which allow you to convert the normal lyrics into this 'code', but it didn't work for me.
Koolit13, the creator of Lizett doesn't seem to have posted any tutorials on how to use Lizett, so I'm out of ideas.

I though of just recording the specific words I need myself, but then I could have just as well recorded myself. But that's why I was doing the whole thing. My headset which included my microphone doesn't work anymore and the only other microphone I have is a built-in microphone of my laptop. Also I don't really like my voice, so...

Does anyone have any other idea? Has anyone worked with Lizett before and knows how to enter the lyrics right? Thanks in advance!
-Liiki

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The "code" you're referring to is the phonetic aliasing system that voicebanks/voice libraries use. I can't give a comprehensive tutorial/guide right now (I'm working a double and have to clock back in in 5 minutes), but the well known formats of English in UTAU are...
- X-Sampa (by Delta for Japanese users, but native speakers use this as well at times)
- CZ phonetics (by PaintedCZ, used mostly by the Overseas community)
- ARPAbet (by Kanru Hua, newest addition)

It sounds like the voicebank in question uses CZ's system. CZ (should have) has tutorials for how to use Vccv or cvvc.

Liiki

Momo's Minion
Thanks for the reply! Right now I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna try it out tomorrow (it's 10pm in Germany), also the Samples stopped working so I'll have to redownload it anyways. Hopefully it'll start working! :D
-Liiki