Heya~!

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
Hi, I'm Leigh and I don't really fall into the normal gender binary but you can use he/him pronouns for me!! (Or well, you should use them is what I mean.) I've been a fan of all things UTAU, VOCALOID, and an all around weeaboo in general for about 6-7 years. (crazy right. i have almost every project diva game and bought a psp and a ps3 specifically for them..) I kinda fell out of it for a while though and I'm now resurfacing, finding new music, artists, voice banks, and anything else I can get my hands on! So if you have any recommendations for anything just hit me up!

I guess now is the time for my story of how I fell into the UTAU hole. Of course as a young and very cringey weeb, I found Kasane Teto, I was absolutely floored. "Free, vocaloids?" Now I know they aren't the same, but I was obsessed. I liked how robotic they sounded and I thought it was so inventive! Once I hit 13, I found Namine Ritsu, the holy being. I can't really explain how I felt in that moment. His voice was clear, powerful, unique, and most of all, not....choppy? Wait, aren't UTAUloids were supposed to sound like robots? Or at least, that's what I thought as a dumb lil kid. Boy was I in for a surprise.

What I now know is that he's a VCV bank, hence the smooth transitions of vocal clips. I didn't care about that though, after reading up on him for hours, soaking in every bit of information about him that I could, all I wanted was him on my computer. My mind raced. I could make my own songs, covers, anything I want.

Needless to say that uh, I didn't read anything about UTAUs nor how to use different banks, USTs, or. Well. Anything. After trying for three hours of trying to get Ritsu to just say a simple, ”こんにちわ‼” Or what I was actually typing, konnichiwa, I gave up and uninstalled everything.

Well, this week I found the beautiful Yamine Renri and died. She's my new favorite UTAU and she inspired me to try again! I downloaded UTAU, watched videos, tutorials, anything I could, because I was determined to make this work again. (It seems that both times I've been inspired it's due to a beautiful VB.)

Alright so uh, sadly it didn't work the first time and I got frustrated and deleted it again. I learned that it was because VCV's need prefixes to sing. So uh. Yeah. Next day actually searched something coherent besides "help my utau wont sing aoiddipojpgdp[na" and I was determined again.

And now! Here I am. I'm still very new. I made my very first UST tonight, but I'm going to go over it multiple times before I even attempt making Renri sing it. (I actually haven't found a UST for this song, though it's not a popular song, and it's not a vocaloid or utau song. So basically I couldn't take the easier way out of skipping the main UST work.) My goal is to make realistic sounding covers, and my own UST's, ideally ones that haven't been made. I'd love tips, videos, plugins, any help is good!

TL;DR: years ago i tried utau and died and now i'm back and trying my best

Nice to meet you everyone~!

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
HI~! Welcome to UF~
I'm glad someone new loves Renri too! :'D She's one of my favorite UTAU as well owo
If you need any help, we'll be glad to help you find the answer :smile:

I actually do have a question about Renri's separate VB's. I've downloaded 1.0, Clear, Whisper, and Edge, all in their own separate folders. (I had a package before that had them all together but I couldn't seem to figure it out..) My question is how do you add the different types of voices? Edge is specifically for voice fry at the beginning and end of a note, so how in theory, if I was using Clear, how would I make one specific note have Edge, or Whisper?

Reactions: Piia

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I actually do have a question about Renri's separate VB's. I've downloaded 1.0, Clear, Whisper, and Edge, all in their own separate folders. (I had a package before that had them all together but I couldn't seem to figure it out..) My question is how do you add the different types of voices? Edge is specifically for voice fry at the beginning and end of a note, so how in theory, if I was using Clear, how would I make one specific note have Edge, or Whisper?

Alright, so I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is suffixes. And unfortunately, in order to be able to use suffixes, you have to have all the voicebanks in one folder. So the Edge, Clear, and Whisper folders would be all separate and those separate folders would be placed in one folder called "Renri". Does that make sense? There's a special UTAU tool called the Suffix Broker that you can use to add suffixes to notes in a UST.

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
Alright, so I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is suffixes. And unfortunately, in order to be able to use suffixes, you have to have all the voicebanks in one folder. So the Edge, Clear, and Whisper folders would be all separate and those separate folders would be placed in one folder called "Renri". Does that make sense? There's a special UTAU tool called the Suffix Broker that you can use to add suffixes to notes in a UST.

Ah okay! So should I keep all of the VB in respective folders and then add them to a folder called "Renri", or should i take out all the files individually and put them all together in a folder called "Renri"?

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Ah okay! So should I keep all of the VB in respective folders and then add them to a folder called "Renri", or should i take out all the files individually and put them all together in a folder called "Renri"?

Keep all of the VBs in their respective folders and then add them to a folder called Renri! Do NOT take all the files out individually. That won't work. Sorry for not making that clear. OTL

Reactions: Leigh's❤️Tea

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Ohh
Renri's 1.5 is an append voicebank with all of them already ^^ I don't see the need to put them in a folder and put suffixes if you can just download 1.5 imho ^^;
Suffixes are the way to activate the different voicebanks:
  • C = CLEAR (Ex. [-あC] )
  • W = WHISPER (Ex. [-あW] )
  • ' = EDGE (Ex. [-あ'] ) {NOTE: The ['] only works for vowels at the beginning, like [-い'] [-う'] [-え'] [-お'] }
I hope that this helped somehow ^^;

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
Ohh
Renri's 1.5 is an append voicebank with all of them already ^^ I don't see the need to put them in a folder and put suffixes if you can just download 1.5 imho ^^;
Suffixes are the way to activate the different voicebanks:
  • C = CLEAR (Ex. [-あC] )
  • W = WHISPER (Ex. [-あW] )
  • ' = EDGE (Ex. [-あ'] ) {NOTE: The ['] only works for vowels at the beginning, like [-い'] [-う'] [-え'] [-お'] }
I hope that this helped somehow ^^;

tysm~! i downloaded 1.5 renri and i'm tryin to tune her rn...my first ust...wish me luck..