Help

ball

Teto's Territory
JHello. I am Ball. My blood type is AB+. Thanks for reading that's my entire introduction Thanks.

So like, what should I do now? I got me UTAU and everything, even already finished a cover/debut, but I gots no clue where I should post me things/share my awful abomination with the world wide web. Tips? Directions? Should I go to the dark side of Youtube? Soundcloud? Nico? Please kick this worthless ball in the right direction. Should I even ask this in my introductions thread? Is this the wrong subforum for that? Where am I.

Thank you friends of all blood types for your assistance. Please tell me your blood type if you know it. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

My name is Ball.

God I hope I actually end up posting things and I get to look back at this being my first post.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Hello, welcome to UtaForum! I don't know my blood type, sorry. Kind of wish I did.

I don't really know much about the YouTube side of things, but at least you get to add a video there. SoundCloud has a big community of users, but it's kind of hard to get anywhere on there...? Blame SEO. And NicoNico would probably be fine, but I've heard it's harder to use than YouTube.

Asking in your introduction thread is fine. There's also the designated Help and Advice subforum (with two subsubforums or whatever they'd be called).
Good luck with your UTAU! :smile:

ball

Teto's Territory
Hello, welcome to UtaForum! I don't know my blood type, sorry. Kind of wish I did.

I don't really know much about the YouTube side of things, but at least you get to add a video there. SoundCloud has a big community of users, but it's kind of hard to get anywhere on there...? Blame SEO. And NicoNico would probably be fine, but I've heard it's harder to use than YouTube.

Asking in your introduction thread is fine. There's also the designated Help and Advice subforum (with two subsubforums or whatever they'd be called).
Good luck with your UTAU! :smile:
Ball sincerely thanks you for your help, despite your lack of knowledge on your blood type. I think I'll try to use Nico, gotta flex me Japanese knowledge muscles.

Do you have any tips on how to format/tag things so people may come across them? <3

EDIT: I meant like on Soundcloud and Youtube.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
This is kind of long, so I'm going to put this in spoilers.
I don't use YouTube, but I sometimes see users putting keywords in the bottom of their descriptions. I think it increases the chance that your cover will show up in certain Google searches (which is probably SEO again).
On SoundCloud, there's a tagging option when you go to upload a track. It's weird, though; only the genre tag will be used with the "most popular tracks for <tag>" (you get this screen by clicking on... well, a tag). I'd recommend setting the genre to "custom" and putting UTAU or your UTAU's name there. The rest of the tags are a bit of a free-for-all.
As for Nico... no idea, but I think there's a tag option there. It should be similar to YouTube.
Subscribing/following people can also work sometimes. If they follow you back, they might see your content. Even if they don't, they might check it out anyway. SC also has a sidebar showing "recommended people to follow." The more you post UTAU-related things, the higher your chances are of showing up there for a user.

Reactions: ball and Nohkara

ball

Teto's Territory
This is kind of long, so I'm going to put this in spoilers.
I don't use YouTube, but I sometimes see users putting keywords in the bottom of their descriptions. I think it increases the chance that your cover will show up in certain Google searches (which is probably SEO again).
On SoundCloud, there's a tagging option when you go to upload a track. It's weird, though; only the genre tag will be used with the "most popular tracks for <tag>" (you get this screen by clicking on... well, a tag). I'd recommend setting the genre to "custom" and putting UTAU or your UTAU's name there. The rest of the tags are a bit of a free-for-all.
As for Nico... no idea, but I think there's a tag option there. It should be similar to YouTube.
Subscribing/following people can also work sometimes. If they follow you back, they might see your content. Even if they don't, they might check it out anyway. SC also has a sidebar showing "recommended people to follow." The more you post UTAU-related things, the higher your chances are of showing up there for a user.
Oh, wow! Thank you very much. I'll fumble around with all these and see what happens.

Reactions: lunari162
P

partial

What a... unique introduction, haha. My name's partial and my blood type is O. I'm not sure if it's O+ or O-.
If you enjoy drawing or making videos, I'd say YouTube is a good choice.
SoundCloud in my opinion is better for uploading covers or originals without any special video. I use SC as my sort of "test" playground for things I want to make videos for in the future.

Reactions: ball

ball

Teto's Territory
What a... unique introduction, haha. My name's partial and my blood type is O. I'm not sure if it's O+ or O-.
If you enjoy drawing or making videos, I'd say YouTube is a good choice.
SoundCloud in my opinion is better for uploading covers or originals without any special video. I use SC as my sort of "test" playground for things I want to make videos for in the future.
Oh! Interesting! O... I would hope it's O- as that is the universal blood type (can be received by anyone). Please be sure to regularly donate blood if you are able. Thank you.
anyway

Thank you very much! I should probably just use SC for now, then. I haven't even designed this travesty I call an UTAU yet. I don't have it in me. Time to fiddle around!