First time tuning/Tuning tips

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
I'm tuning a UST for the first time and heavily experimenting. I've been going at it for a few days, changing it over and over. Reading, learning. Today I managed to tune a part that I think sounds pretty good! It felt like an epiphany! What do you guys think? Can you give me any tips?

also pls be gentle with me i just started utau at the beginning of last week so i'm very very new. :smile:

Last edited:

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I think you havent fitted the voicebank to the ust because the envelopes sounds like they don't fade between eachother.
Make sure to clear STP and hit reset and p2p3/p1p4 when using a ust.

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
I think you havent fitted the voicebank to the ust because the envelopes sounds like they don't fade between eachother.
Make sure to clear STP and hit reset and p2p3/p1p4 when using a ust.

i made the UST myself and reset and all. I don't know much about envelopes but i figured i'd get the main tuning down first and then focus on envelopes. I'm not sure if there is a correct order.. :annoyed: I also don't know much about envelopes or how to use them.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Using P2P3 (or P1P4) is a basic crossfade you should always use just before you play the UST or render it. You can certainly wait to work on adjusting the volumes, but this step is important to do all the time.

Leigh's❤️Tea

Teto's Territory
Using P2P3 (or P1P4) is a basic crossfade you should always use just before you play the UST or render it. You can certainly wait to work on adjusting the volumes, but this step is important to do all the time.

thank you, i got some help figuring out envelopes and reset them and then clicked P2P3 from the advice for others since it's a VCV bank.