Resource icon

Resource English CV/CVC/VC Reclist 1.1

supaisu

Teto's Territory
supaisu submitted a new resource:

English CV/CVC/VC Reclist - english beginner reclist

please keep in mind that this is my first time creating a reclist, i'm kind of an utau noob and i may develop it further as i keep thinking of sounds. english is indeed my native language, and here you will see most sounds rendered in an easy-to-read syllable pronounce format. any suggestions and/or feedback are welcome. thank you, and i hope it helps somewhat! ;v;
** IF YOU USE MY RECLIST FOR YOUR UTAU, PLEASE DO CREDIT ME. THANK YOU!

Read more about this resource...

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This looks like it's just CV? I'm not sure where the CVC/VC is? You're also missing a lot of sounds like clusters, a th sound, etc. This is basically a Japanese CV with different symbols and additional vowels.

supaisu

Teto's Territory
This looks like it's just CV? I'm not sure where the CVC/VC is? You're also missing a lot of sounds like clusters, a th sound, etc. This is basically a Japanese CV with different symbols and additional vowels.

thanks for the tip! i kinda rushed the first creation of it; sorry about that. yes, i did play around with the typical japanese vb sounds at first, but english is a much more complex language and it will take me more time to break it down completely. thank you and i will update soon!

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Eh?

What encouding (naming system) are you using? I'm not familiar with this system... ^^;

For example is "eye" supposed to read like あい (like an English word "I") or like... *umh* えいぇ???

Second, where are ending consonants and consonant+consonant sounds? (For example "ky" like in word "cute" or "bl" like in "blah blah")

I think that you should add those sounds and explain a bit how to read your lines at first place.

Reactions: supaisu

supaisu

Teto's Territory
Eh?

What encouding (naming system) are you using? I'm not familiar with this system... ^^;

For example is "eye" supposed to read like あい (like an English word "I") or like... *umh* えいぇ???

Second, where are ending consonants and consonant+consonant sounds? (For example "ky" like in word "cute" or "bl" like in "blah blah")

I think that you should add those sounds and explain a bit how to read your lines at first place.

I'm just naming the syllables like how you would pronounce them in English. Yes, I will update with those soon!
[doublepost=1485437354][/doublepost]
Eh?

I'm sorry if it turned out confusing, by the way!!

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm just naming the syllables like how you would pronounce them in English. Yes, I will update with those soon!
[doublepost=1485437354][/doublepost]

I'm sorry if it turned out confusing, by the way!!
Ahh, OK! I get it! :smile:

Good luck with your list! ^^ (I'm willing to listen the a sample if you make one)

supaisu

Teto's Territory

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
An English reclist is quite an ambitious project to take on as a newcomer! I would recommend that you take a look at existing lists and voicebanks to gain an understanding of how those work, so that you can more easily develop a list to your own specifications.

Mainly, check out PaintedCZ's VCCV reclist, the standard of the community, and Delta's English reclist, which uses X-SAMPA phonetics, similar to Vocaloid. There's also other projects out there that may be useful or interesting to learn about.

Reactions: supaisu

supaisu

Teto's Territory
An English reclist is quite an ambitious project to take on as a newcomer! I would recommend that you take a look at existing lists and voicebanks to gain an understanding of how those work, so that you can more easily develop a list to your own specifications.

Mainly, check out PaintedCZ's VCCV reclist, the standard of the community, and Delta's English reclist, which uses X-SAMPA phonetics, similar to Vocaloid. There's also other projects out there that may be useful or interesting to learn about.

Thank you for the tips, but I found this to be the easiest. I did look at some others but I kind of wanted mine to be original. As I continue with this I may change it to a better formatted style. To me, this is quick, easy, and helpful for right now though.