desired UTAU fanart qualities?

P

partial

I was curious about everyone's personal opinions on what you feel is required to consider an artist to draw your UTAU. I'm not talking about commissions ((though commissions could be a subject to discuss here)), I just mean art in general? Would you ever want an artist who commonly draws fanart to draw fanart of your UTAU? What do you like to see in fanart? Complicated colors? A cutesy approach? A more mature approach? Or do you not mind things like that and you're just happy to have fanart?

What sort of things do you love seeing most in fanart?

Reactions: keopi

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I'd be happy with fanart of any style as long as it's original and not ripped off of/traced from someone else's art without their permission. Also I'd prefer they didn't use a base. It usually feels a little like people aren't putting in effort when using bases, unless they just use it for the pose.

As for fanart being drawn by someone on a regular basis, I'd be extremely flattered. My only issue would be if the UTAU was being portrayed out of character and acting in a way they wouldn't within the fanart, or if the person was sort of changing my character to gratify themselves (it's hard to explain. But it's like, acting as if your headcanons are indisputably real, if that makes sense.)

What I like most about fanart is seeing other people's interpretations of characters personalities and character designs. As long as effort is put it, it's usually great just to see that your creations are fan art worthy for most people.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
a couple of people have actually drawn fanart of my utaus and one person deigned and drew one of them
im not picky when it comes to fanart, regardless of your skill i still have a great appreciation for people who take the time and effort to draw something for me and i am thankful that they drew a character that i made it always gives me a fuzzy feeling

but please note i do take effort into account if a person were to trace over a picture of miku or something and add keitai's hair over it and call it "fanart" id be a little (◎-◎;)??? (idk what word to use to describe how i feel so have a kaomoji)
basically i love and appreciate any and all fanart that shows effort it means something really special to me :creepy:
sorry if that sounded really cheesy but its how i feel so eeh

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
I'd enjoy any sort of fan art for my utau. Considering it would be made by an actual fan, that is flattering in itself. I enjoy seeing other people's perspectives or ideas when it would come to fanart.

While my utau has a "personality", it is simply just a mascot to a voice. People may break the canon as they please. (I just ask it isn't something... Immoral."

Reactions: partial and keopi

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
I think I'd enjoy most fan art as long as it wasn't like... a literal stick figure... xD Oh and I wouldnt want them to like, convert my utau to look anthro or sonic *shiver* I've seen so many characters from so many fandoms having like-- anthro or sonic conversion and it can be pretty terrifying tbh-

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
I think I'd enjoy most fan art as long as it wasn't like... a literal stick figure... xD Oh and I wouldnt want them to like, convert my utau to look anthro or sonic *shiver* I've seen so many characters from so many fandoms having like-- anthro or sonic conversion and it can be pretty terrifying tbh-
The MLP conversions are the most annoying in my opinion.

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
I really like art that's for my UTAU and others I wouldn't mind if they made art for him as a human it seems really neat to see that ^^ but yeah the Pony/Sonic ones are the ones that I would not like much.. Mostly because after some people convert a character to that it looks a bit weird to me. But eh let them draw what they want i guess ^^""
[doublepost=1462460259][/doublepost]Also about the human thing I can understand that if they want a human look for him so they wont have any problems(?) Mostly because some people aren't fond of furry UTAU.. (sorry sorta off topic)

Last edited:

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Tbh I'd be happy with a stick figure

In all honesty, my standards are pretty "low" seeing as I'm just happy that someone took time out of their day to make me or the character something. I'd never limit anyone to what they can do whether it be sticking to the original design, personality, colors ect. As I've seen some lovely art people have given me that doesn't stick true to the original but is beautiful. And usually the artists stay true to what the character is (human vs animal ect.)
As long as it isn't something someone threw together in 10 minutes with no real heart and just the pure intent of "give me attention" I'm all for creative approaches and different art styles.