Brainstorming for UTAU Designs

Should X.3. be part of the XOTA lineup or not?

• Total voters

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
A while ago, I recorded a voicebank that was made for someone's UTAU project and the owner of the project allowed me to use him however I want; but as usual, I have absolutely no idea what to do with him. Through several squabbles with myself, I've decided to give him the name X.3., but I don't even have the slightest idea what the design should be. I was originally going to hold a design contest of some sort, but knowing how the world and community works, the idea was scrapped and I went for a brainstorming thread instead. As the name states, I'm letting folks pitch in some ideas that I could use for coming up with a design for X.3. Like all of my UTAU, he'll be a young boy, but I'm open to whatever others would like to share, as long as it's not deliberately derogatory.

For a little help, here are some samples of X.3.'s voice:

This is what X.3. sounds like without any g-flags.

A deadline hasn't been decided yet, so until then, feel free to give me ideas on a design for X.3.

P

partial

I honestly think something like silver eyes / white hair or something would be really neat. Maybe he could have sort of a tech-inspired design? (Or, I could see him having a design inspired by playing cards. Is that odd?)

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
I honestly think something like silver eyes / white hair or something would be really neat. Maybe he could have sort of a tech-inspired design? (Or, I could see him having a design inspired by playing cards. Is that odd?)
Hmm... Something monochrome would definitely suit X.3., since those are the colors that I officially haven't used yet, and maybe some red or cerulean accents would be a nice touch. I was also considering whether or not to give him ombre hair, even I personally am not fond of it.

P

partial

Hmm... Something monochrome would definitely suit X.3., since those are the colors that I officially haven't used yet, and maybe some red or cerulean accents would be a nice touch. I was also considering whether or not to give him ombre hair, even I personally am not fond of it.
Cerulean is a beautiful color, I think you should try it!

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well, since all members of XOTA have punny names, what is the pun for X.3? Does it come from the ".exe" format? If so, he could have a robot/android/someone-living-in-the-cyberspace theme going on.

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
Well, since all members of XOTA have punny names, what is the pun for X.3? Does it come from the ".exe" format? If so, he could have a robot/android/someone-living-in-the-cyberspace theme going on.
I don't know. All of the other options didn't sound like fitting names, plus the last initial of each unit's name determines his hair color.

I've already got a couple of units who are all futuustic-themed. Is there a concept that I haven't tackled that you had in mind?

Last edited:

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
After weeks of being sick, I finally found time to make a sketch for X.3.

X.3. Sketch.jpg

On top is his default design and below is his MONO design. Right now, I'm not sure which boots I should choose for his default design (top right).

Last edited: