Arpasing is already stable enough to be used ?

Sync_Ye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I am very interested to work in voice English arpasing (since the only vocals that I worked until now was: CVVC-VCV japanese, VCCV and X-Sampa-Spanish, and prizma, X-Sampa-PT-BR), but I don't know if it's stable enough to create a voice bank using arpasing (will not necessarily be a voicebank for utau).
I can not work with VCCV English since it requires many hours of recording, and where I am now is not a very nice place for vocal recording, already with arpasing I could circumvent this problem.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Both 0.1.0 and 0.2.0 have everything you need to have a functional English VB, if that's what you mean. Technically, you only NEED to record the first 120 recordings (which are the same in both versions). There're some missing sounds but its generally uncommon sounds that're missing so it doesn't affect the usage of the VB terribly. (Often there's a similar sound available. sometimes you have to get real creative, though)

Also, considering there're a lot of people, myself included, who've made Arpasing VBs and have made full songs with them, i'd say its "stable"

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Arpasing is stable and workable. Default 0.2 reclist by Kanru Hua might not cover all possible CV, VC and VV and misses "ax" phoneme completely, but people can edit reclist and make own additions. The missing combinations are actually rarely used, so most likely you won't have any problems. (I'm honest but missing VV are super easily workaroundable and missing CV can be borrowed from for example from previously recorded Japanese VB that has similar tone than English VB or again - workaround by switching vowel that sounds similar (e.g. I often switch missing "ow" to "ao" when I edit UST) etc, human singing isn't 100% perfect anyway so...).

There is one Arpasing reclist that is made to be effective and covers ALL CV/VC/VV (and CC of course) but this reclist is more than 3 mora and is not word based like Kanru Hua's reclist, purerly gibberish.

If you want to record relatively easily and fast, I recommend 0.2 but if some missing sounds bothers, feel free to make own additions.

Remember that you have always an opinion to write own custom Arpasing reclist from scratch if any current reclist doesn't meet your needings. And own custom reclist doesn't need to be word-based at all, it can be like "kaakahkihkehkaok" gibberish just like in VCV.

P

partial

Arpasing is definitely good enough as it is, from what I've heard of it it sounds decent and is indeed usable. If you want to try arpasing, since VCCV seems off the list, go for it. I need to practice more with it, since I can't use it well at all.