Arpasing and multipitch. Is this possible?

P

partial

As the title says.

I want to record arpasing today, but I want to make it multipitch. I have heard arpasing assistant isn't capable of multiple pitches, or something similar. Is it a matter of folder layout? I really don't want to release a simple monopitch bank.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Arpasing Assistant only works with banks that have no suffix in the oto. Thus, to use multipitch, you'd have to convert everything using a monopitch vb. Another possibility is also to leave one pitch without suffixes, remove the pitches with suffixes, use the assistant and then put the other pitches back

P

partial

Arpasing Assistant only works with banks that have no suffix in the oto. Thus, to use multipitch, you'd have to convert everything using a monopitch vb. Another possibility is also to leave one pitch without suffixes, remove the pitches with suffixes, use the assistant and then put the other pitches back
Why is there no angry react
lmao maaaaan, okay. OTL

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I haven't used Arpasing Assistant, but I have made a multipitch Arpasing bank. (self plug: )

What I did is I put one pitch in the root folder for that VB (eg, UTAU/voice/VB ), so that UTAU can pick up all the pitches. then inside that I made folders for each pitch (UTAU/voice/VB/D3, UTAU/voice/VB/Bb2, etc). and I recorded with oremo directly into those subfolders. So the root VB folder has recordings 0-219, and each sub folder also has 0-219. I then used moresampler's oto generator to alias each folder separately with the appropriate suffix and assigned those suffixes to the prefix.map

P

partial

I haven't used Arpasing Assistant, but I have made a multipitch Arpasing bank. (self plug: )

What I did is I put one pitch in the root folder for that VB (eg, UTAU/voice/VB ), so that UTAU can pick up all the pitches. then inside that I made folders for each pitch (UTAU/voice/VB/D3, UTAU/voice/VB/Bb2, etc). and I recorded with oremo directly into those subfolders. So the root VB folder has recordings 0-219, and each sub folder also has 0-219. I then used moresampler's oto generator to alias each folder separately with the appropriate suffix and assigned those suffixes to the prefix.map

First things first

holy shit, that COVER is AMAZING?? It's seriously blown me away!!

Second order of business.
What I wanted to do was what you've done, which is record one pitch, and then put sub pitches in that same folder and do it all up with the prefix map and such. But my issue is, I don't understand how to use arpasing. I can use the assistant, but without it, I don't know what I'm doing at all.

If the pitches are suffixed and used via the prefix map, I imagine that still wouldn't be possible with arpasing assistant, right?

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
If the pitches are suffixed and used via the prefix map, I imagine that still wouldn't be possible with arpasing assistant, right?
It won't, to my knowledge, as the oto will have suffixes appended to the aliases and the assistant cannot recognise that. You'll have to use the assistant with the base pitch (without suffixes) and then add on the suffix for the pitch that you want to use manually after conversion. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

You can check the Arpasing page on use without the assistant to see if it can help you out. It's pretty similar to how CVVC English works in my opinion.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hiya! I've actually written notes about handling multipitch in both the voicebank creation and the voicebank usage tutorials.

FOR MULTIPITCH: In the main voicebank folder, there must be a pitch that has no suffixes in the OTO. All other pitches with suffixes should be in their own subfolders. Don't add suffixes to the file names, or else the index.csv will be incompatible.

FOR MULTIPITCH: If the voicebank you're using is multipitch, there are issues with Arpasing Assistant. The best thing to do is to temporarily remove all pitches with suffixes from the voicebank. The pitch without a suffix should be the only one remaining, and should not be inside a subfolder. Then, run Arpasing Assistant as usual. Once the UST has been converted, put the other pitches back in.

If you have a prefix map set up, the voicebank will work as normal once you put the other pitches back into the bank.

Arpasing Assistant refuses to work when there isn't anything in the main folder (that is, if everything is in subfolders). If you have every pitch of the bank in the main folder, with suffixes, and you don't remove them from the bank before running the assistant, then the plugin will choose samples from random pitches and you'll have to go through and remove all the random suffixes by hand.