Advice on this instrumental?

PeriodicalUtau

Retired User
Retired User
I think it sounds really nice! I'd personally add some long notes in there to "fill the empty space" if that makes sense.

Fanicom

Grandma Hyena
Defender of Defoko
I think it needs some deep bass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) otherwise, you got it down pretty good~ //jams

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I love the drums and those speaking bits are pretty cool. However, I think the melody and bass synths sound too similar (perhaps they're exactly the same?) I suggest for the main melody that you have something that sounds more like a theremin (a continuous sine wave, so no plucky envelope, and monophonic with note sliding). It'll sound spooky and spacey.
There's a long "silence" where I presume is a verse, and it feels like the longer chord-like sound came in too late. But I'm not very worried about this, because if there's going to be vocals later, then you can more than make up for a "lacking" instrumental. It would actually be weird not to have space for vocals in a song's instrumental.
There's a part at 1:25 that has four rhythmic melodies happening at once, which seems kind of crowded and imbalanced.
Anyway, the overall idea seems really interesting.

There's a vocalsynth music production discord, so if you're interested, you could join~ https://discord.gg/hjjbaQQ

Mimo-kun

Teto's Territory
I think it needs some deep bass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) otherwise, you got it down pretty good~ //jams

I have to agree with Fanicom here, I indeed think the bass is the only thing that's missing. Also a tip on how to make it sound more full. Layers! You can even use the same melody but instead make one sound do the melody in a high range and another sounding sound the same melody but then very low. It can make it sound much fuller rather quick!

But aside from that this is amazing!! I can't wait for it to be finished!